Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Togo brown
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanity12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Togo brown Reply with quote

hey guy I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've had to accept the fact that a 356 is out of my price range, but that doesn't stop me from loving it. I've decided to take my favorite color (togo brown) and recreate as much of it as I can with my beetle....kind of like dating the prom queens cousin lol.....i know that they used red and im leaning towards that but ive also seen pictures of some kind of brown/tan.....this is a leather sample that I got from TMI L-261 in saddle....is this the color or am I way off....im happy for any help that I. An get 🙏

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Sebastian Gaeta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Togo brown Reply with quote

The interior color you are thinking of is probably Fawn and the sample you show is close if not just a shade light. Fawn was used in a lot of greens and almost always used with Togo Brown. I’ve never seen an original Togo Brown car with red interior.

Also, Togo is one of the prettier colors when it is really clean, when it gets dirty not so much. Keep lots of quick detailer and micro fiber cloths with you and you should be fine. I like your idea of replicating the color combo, post some pics when it’s done!

'63 Beetle Turkis
‘64 Karmann Ghia Coupe Manilagelb/Black Roof
'64 356C cabriolet Signalrot
'65 356C coupe Rubinrot
'66 Single Cab Velvet Green
'67 Karmann Ghia convertible Heliosblau

Last edited by Sebastian Gaeta on Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanity12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Togo brown Reply with quote

Will do 😎
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Togo brown Reply with quote

I do know that Togo Brown was used on 1964 and 1965 356SC model....lighter brown, beige , leather interior. Yes, I am old enough to see one that was completely original except for the plastic he had placed over the carpets. This was a beautiful color combination......should look great, especially on an early model bug.
MSG16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Togo brown Reply with quote

I like the color combo. My '65 356 came Togo brown (no longer in that color). Interior was black
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: