Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Almeda Fire Tony Chavez King Hat Designs in Phoenix, OR
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
smoothfinishes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Almeda Fire Tony Chavez King Hat Designs in Phoenix, OR Reply with quote

Fellow Samba enthusiasts a good friend of mine and the VW community as well, Tony Chavez lost his home and most of his VW collection along with a good portion, if not all of his business abilities as the result of the Almeda Fire in Southern Oregon this week.

You've probably seen or met over the years at various shows along the West Coast. The last few years he has been driving a custom painted Double Door Bay Widow Bus.

He managed to get this bus to safety but lost his wife's convertible Ghia he has had for over 20 years which was under restoration, a High Top bus and Im not sure what else yet.

Tony and his wife have promoted and organized VW shows in the Rogue Valley for several years, helping community organizations in the process.

Friends of his have set up a Go Fund me page to assist him and his wife during this difficult time.

Here is a link to the page as well as links to his website.

https://gf.me/u/yxzaxs

http://kinghatdesigns.com/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B218D3zA91R/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

A photo with Tony and a neighborhood kid with his adopted Blue Bird. A wild bird he trained to come to him, he actually helped rescue its offspring one day a few years ago!!!!

What a guy!!!

Praying the Bird made it out safely

smoothfinishes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Almeda Fire Tony Chavez King Hat Designs in Phoenix, OR Reply with quote

Thank you so much for all who have donated!!!!!

It is amazing what was accomplished in such a short amount of time. The show of kindness is overwhelming for the Chavez's and the Southern Oregon area as well.

I spoke with Tony yesterday. Among all the chaos and loss in his own life, he told me he is fortunate compared to others in his town, because of all his friends and families support.

They were out helping other people in the Phoenix area over the weekend!!!! Delivering food, water, supplies and even setting up solar lights for people without power.

Truly great community members and amazing souls!!

Tony also told me "Chubby" the Blue bird and his family survived and had relocated their home to a tree across the street.

Ill be updating some more photos in a few days when the area is safe to return too.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: