Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I have the Chuck Tatum Crusader molds.
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: I have the Chuck Tatum Crusader molds. Reply with quote

I have the Chuck Tatum Crusader molds.
Bought them and production rights from Chuck several years ago, just cannot call them "Crusader".
Back when I was trying to sell the bodies I called it the Sabre.

Never quite got one finished but did sell a nearly complete prototype locally a few years ago.
No luck locating it to buy it back and finish it.

Now looking to build at least one with MC power and modern suspension for myself.

If anyone is seriously interested in a body let me know and we can probably work something out.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I have the Chuck Tatum Crusader molds. Reply with quote

Hmm, time for an update?

Slowly, oh so very slowly, working on acquiring parts to complete a build.

Got a Suzuki 13B engine at a very good price. This is an "All aluminum" 1.3 DOHC that makes 100 HP and only weighs 100-150 Lb. depending on who you ask. I will get scales and find a true weight soon.

Today I bought a lightly rolled IRS Bug, CHEAP, mostly for the transaxle and rear suspension.
It's a roller so the front beam, (stuck) DP engine and some other parts may end up used in a future Buggy build. Usable body parts will go up for sale but as I'm in very rural Nevada I will probably have to let them go really cheap to be rid of them.
I may also be getting another (less engine) and really mangled to provide a spare trans or trans for the Buggy build.

Main project of the moment is getting a decently large shop put up at home. When that happens I will finally be able to tackle my projects in an efficient manner!
Lo Cash John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I have the Chuck Tatum Crusader molds. Reply with quote

Pics would be super cool. Host them here at The Samba so they don't become lost to hosting sites going out of business or taking your data hostage.

If you actually drive your VW, you need www.AirMapp.com

My boss told me I need to work on my mutli-tasking. So now when I use the bathroom at work I surf The Samba on my iPhone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I have the Chuck Tatum Crusader molds. Reply with quote

Here is the 1300 TC Suzuki engine.
I got an outstanding deal on it but had to drive a long way to get it.
Even with the KEP adapter it will still be a fraction of the cost of a warmed up Type 1 of similar power and RPM.
These are rare in the US, a bit more common in Canada.

Hmm, getting a 400 Bad Request error when I try to upload the pics.
I made them well under 1600 pixels wide.
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: I have the Chuck Tatum Crusader molds. Reply with quote

Suzuki DOHC 1300 G13B series engine was very common in US; used in the Suzuki Swift GTi/GT... '89-'94. About 100hp & ~80lb-ft torque.

Bryan
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: I have the Chuck Tatum Crusader molds. Reply with quote

13B engine pics.

[/img]

I will be picking up two Bug parts cars in a couple of weeks.
Then get the KEP adapter so that I may at least mock-up the drivetrain.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: