Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Info needed on older EMPI P/C set
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject: Info needed on older EMPI P/C set Reply with quote

I found someone local selling a EMPI 92mm P/C set, made in 2012. The EMPI part number is 98-1992-B. They look to be Brazilian made with forged pistons. There is a product code of K70371 from the manufacturer. Does anyone out there know anything about these, how good they may be (especially compared to what's currently on the market)? I hadn't planned on going to that big of a bore, but if these are something good I may consider them.
Thanks!!
halfassleatherworks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Info needed on older EMPI P/C set Reply with quote

check here

https://www.amazon.com/EMPI-98-1992-B-FORGED-PISTON-CYLINDER/dp/B00BBJUZEK

Product description
Mahle Brand Forged 92mm X 69mm Aircooled Vw Pistons And Cylinders.

92mm X 69mm = 1835cc

Machining Required On Heads 90.5/92mm
Machining Required On Case 90.5/92mm

Complete Set Includes:
Set Of 4 Barrels, Forged Pistons, Rings, Wrist Pins And Clips.

Applications For Volkswagen Air Cooled Engines, Type 1 Bug, Beetles, Karmann Ghia, Type 2 Bus, Type 3 Squareback, Fastback, Notchback.

Mahle K70371

Belts, wallets, mouse pads, drink coasters, Engraving, most things made in leather.

personal items if you want it in leather in Reno Nv, *****

Last edited by halfassleatherworks on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dan Ruddock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Info needed on older EMPI P/C set Reply with quote

johnnyvw164 wrote:
I found someone local selling a EMPI 92mm P/C set, made in 2012. The EMPI part number is 98-1992-B. They look to be Brazilian made with forged pistons. There is a product code of K70371 from the manufacturer. Does anyone out there know anything about these, how good they may be (especially compared to what's currently on the market)? I hadn't planned on going to that big of a bore, but if these are something good I may consider them.
Thanks!!

Sounds like cima/mahle. Do you have the box? Pic of the spec label would help. What is his price. Are they a stroker set? They are very good quality.

Dan
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Info needed on older EMPI P/C set Reply with quote

I have a picture of the labels on the box, that's where I got the part numbers from. They are 69 x 92.
If anyone is interested, I could put you in touch with him. He is located in Easton PA
I took another look at the picture, Mahle is written all over it (literally...LOL)
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Info needed on older EMPI P/C set Reply with quote

I'm sure they are the standard wall 92's
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: