Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2586, 2587, 2588 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Rhodrich wrote:
'Exceptional Original Condition' Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2412506

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

... Except for the huge hole in the side... and the other massive rust Very Happy
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Rhodrich wrote:
'Exceptional Original Condition' Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2412506

Quote:
The vehicle seems to have spent many years in the Somme

The vehicle seems to have spent many years in a trench in the Somme.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

The rack is actually an exoskeleton.
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:

Literally
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:

Hahaha.

Buyer should require the seller to remove the rack and prove the frame doesn't snap in 2 before transfer of funds.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Old Paint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Its back. Ok so help me here, Its not a desired model, deluxe, DC, Westy. It has hacked wheel wells, likely a hacked suspension to make it all hillbilly V8-ified. It no longer can carry 9-8-5 passengers. And for all this you get to pay $75k. I mean seriously, how does that work? Look, post for $15k and beg the one guy who calls to take it for $10k.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2326603

1961 Ragtop
1961 Single Cab (Old Paint)
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:

And the kayaks add some aerodynamics to overcome the tug of the huge side scoop.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:

Maybe the gates are welded shut for reinforcement. Rolling Eyes
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Old Paint wrote:
Its back. Ok so help me here, Its not a desired model, deluxe, DC, Westy. It has hacked wheel wells, likely a hacked suspension to make it all hillbilly V8-ified. It no longer can carry 9-8-5 passengers. And for all this you get to pay $75k. I mean seriously, how does that work? Look, post for $15k and beg the one guy who calls to take it for $10k.

The longer the description the bigger the turd.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
OVIEDOAV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Old Paint wrote:

Holy what in thanks hot mess is that? Deluxe camper V8 death trap. Your spot on, he should jump at 10K for that monstrosity.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

OVIEDOAV wrote:
Old Paint wrote:

Holy what in thanks hot mess is that? Deluxe camper V8 death trap. Your spot on, he should jump at 10K for that monstrosity.

Bus aside, I really don't know what possesses a guy (or gal) to wake up and say to themselves, "You know, today I'm gonna list my turd boiler on the largest VW forums site in the world and although the largest collection of bus experts in the world will see it, I'll use all kinds of fancy lingo and shenanigans to pull the wool over the schmucks."

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Ohio_Style
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
OVIEDOAV wrote:
Old Paint wrote:

Bus aside, I really don't know what possesses a guy (or gal) to wake up and say to themselves, "You know, today I'm gonna list my turd boiler on the largest VW forums site in the world and although the largest collection of bus experts in the world will see it, I'll use all kinds of fancy lingo and shenanigans to pull the wool over the schmucks."

I would expect it with someone who joined yesterday. I would think that a 4 year member would be a bit more savvy.

Slammed Thing
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9278729#9278729
Lifted Split Bus Build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=738403
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ohio_Style wrote:
I would expect it with someone who joined yesterday. I would think that a 4 year member would be a bit more savvy.

The person might as well have joined yesterday. No posts since joining, and this is the only ad posted. I don't even know who this would appeal to - someone who wants a single cab without the convenience of the load bed?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
OVIEDOAV wrote:
Old Paint wrote:

They don't care what we say or think, they are just trying to find someone with a equally questionable taste coupled with loads of extra money to spend on said turd. You got to admire their optimism.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
hitest wrote:
OVIEDOAV wrote:
Old Paint wrote:

They don't care what we say or think, they are just trying to find someone with a equally questionable taste coupled with loads of extra money to spend on said turd. You got to admire their optimism.

Well, as we always say, "there's an ass for every seat." But evidently harder to come by at that absurd price point.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
Ohio_Style wrote:

The person might as well have joined yesterday. No posts since joining, and this is the only ad posted. I don't even know who this would appeal to - someone who wants a single cab without the convenience of the load bed?

I guess this falls in the "I built it for me, the way I Want it !" but now I need to sell it File.
Also, Location : Texas

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
Ohio_Style wrote:

I guess this falls in the "I built it for me, the way I Want it !" but now I need to sell it File.

hey now, some of us have taste Rolling Eyes
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
crukab wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
Ohio_Style wrote:

Oh, Totally !! Laughing But that things looks like the Bigger is Better attitude, I'd rather see them take a type 181 & "Donk" it out-- 4 wheel drive V-8 Fire breathing Monster Thing ! Laughing
It's FRIDAY !!!!!!!!! Shit week, but it is Beer o'clock ! Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
crukab wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
Ohio_Style wrote:

Laughing
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Erik G wrote:
crukab wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
Ohio_Style wrote:

Woosh click Very Happy

Laughing

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2586, 2587, 2588 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2587 of 2710

Jump to: