Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Center and rear seat covers?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Center and rear seat covers? Reply with quote

I am looking for some seat covers for the middle seats and rear bench seat. I have a tin top so its been challenging to find covers that fit the rear seat. I was about to order Wet Okole covers BUT trying not to spend 600 bucks on covers. I called Seat Covers Unlimited yesterday and they can make the rear but not the center seat covers (unless I get precise measurements, etc since they havent done the middle seats before).
Anyway, seeing if anyone has other options for covers that fit nicely and can take some abuse (three big dogs, lots of sand, dirt, water, etc).
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers.

1969 Bucky the Bug Convertible...red, rusted, work in progress....LOTS of work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Center and rear seat covers? Reply with quote

I had this thread bookmarked from a long time back. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but if you could get an upholsterer to sew up some duck cloth covers, I think they look really utilitarian and functional:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HeinleinTrooper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Center and rear seat covers? Reply with quote

I recently put this on my rear bench in my 1990 Multivan (Weekender style).

My young Airedoodle has not destroyed it yet.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07VPPGHDY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details
shadetreemech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Center and rear seat covers? Reply with quote

https://sewfineproducts.com/Vanagon-Custom-Interiors
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Center and rear seat covers? Reply with quote

I have not bought it yet, but I am looking at the KURGO seat cover. They make excellent products. I saw one in a buddy's suv and I think it will hold up to my 3 dogs. I also have a tin top
I can't remember what one he had, but I am going to go and make measurements. I will probably order soon if it's the same measurements or close
https://www.kurgo.com/bench-seat-covers/
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Center and rear seat covers? Reply with quote

Thank you all for the input. I am still on the fence....going to call Sewfine today and see about perhaps ordering from them but had some questions first. My three Bernese Mountain Dogs really can do some damage with their claws, dirt, muddy paws, etc. Smile

1969 Bucky the Bug Convertible...red, rusted, work in progress....LOTS of work.
Vanuber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Center and rear seat covers? Reply with quote

I just recently ordered a rear bench seat cover from Seat Covers Unlimited. They also sold me some of the same fabric by the yard. I had a local shop sew a cover for my rear cushion. I understand they don't offer the middle seat covers, but they may sell you fabric appropriate for your application. I had a hard time finding suitable fabric elsewhere (if you go the custom route).

Probably not in your budget per your comment about Wet Okole, but Superlamb in San Diego made some awesome custom lambskin covers for my front seats.

[/img]
'02 Subaru Forester 2.5L
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: