Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

I just put in the T3 sway bar and end links....HUGE improvement while driving on the road. The Syncro has a two inch lift, full roof rack and bumpers, which seems to catch every air change, direction, breeze, etc....BUT dang, it now seems to handle all those with ease. One of the best improvements by far (well, the 1.8t swap was the best!)

If you are on the fence about laying down the money for the upgrade, please consider it. It is worth it (in my opinion) hands down.
Cheers.

1969 Bucky the Bug Convertible...red, rusted, work in progress....LOTS of work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
charleslabri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

I got mine recently. Excited to get it in!
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

charleslabri wrote:
I got mine recently. Excited to get it in!

Super easy to put in...took about 30-40 minutes....didnt need to take one tire off....I have a syncro with lift so a bit higher BUT super easy. Seriously you will like the way it handles on the road indeed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

It's a winner. Here are 11 pages of appreciation and many requests for the rear anti-sway bar.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7485721

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Multiman mv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

The beefier sway bar and end links are one of my favorite upgrades in my van. Huge improvement cornering and in overall stability. Well worth the time money and effort.
jtenright
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

LOVE my HD T3 Swaybar and End links.

Just before replacing I both original corroded and small end links sheared off in my van. Great improvement.
87 Toyota 22R Longbed Pickup SOLD
View user's profile Send private message Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thatbaldwinlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

Stop! You are going to make me buy this. Not in the budget as we just bought a new tent and seals! Smile
nate
That Baldwin Life YouTube Channel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

The previous owner installed those on mine- and I think they help - but I never drove one without.

IN the hotter weather something up front squeaks up front. I got some bushing snot to put in there. I am a bit hesitant to begin the process of taking it apart, and re-lubing it/re-torqueing it.

Is it really only 40 min to replace with the upgrade? and no tires need to be removed? Do you even need to jack it up?

I've got a syncro with a 2" lift, so I think it is all fairly accessible. And looks straightforward, but I am imagining having it half way apart and then something gets in the way - and I've got to dismantle a whole bunch of other items....

'86 Triple Knob Syncro w/EJ22
'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
It's a winner. Here are 11 pages of appreciation and many requests for the rear anti-sway bar.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7485721

Yep very familiar with that thread. Cool

4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

kguarnotta wrote:
The previous owner installed those on mine- and I think they help - but I never drove one without.

IN the hotter weather something up front squeaks up front. I got some bushing snot to put in there. I am a bit hesitant to begin the process of taking it apart, and re-lubing it/re-torqueing it.

Is it really only 40 min to replace with the upgrade? and no tires need to be removed? Do you even need to jack it up?

I've got a syncro with a 2" lift, so I think it is all fairly accessible. And looks straightforward, but I am imagining having it half way apart and then something gets in the way - and I've got to dismantle a whole bunch of other items....

Its seriously quick if you have the correct tools...which is just a wrench and some sockets. No tire off, just take it off and twist it out. I took nothing off, not even a tire. I do not have a spare tire up front so that helped....but im sure there is room with it in place.

Squidfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

simple pleasures Cool
Viva.Sabata
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

Excited to put mine in too. Been accumulating parts while overseas for the past 2 1/2 years!
Viva.Sabata
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

Excited to put mine in too. Been accumulating parts while overseas for the past 2 1/2 years!
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

I'd add that anybody considering this should bite the bullet and splurge for the T3 end links. It makes a huge difference vs. the sway bar alone.

I was driving down Big Thompson Canyon on Saturday with the biggest smile on my face; my van just so much more stable in the curves than you'd expect it a big high top Syncro to be.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

kguarnotta wrote:

If you are talking only about the Anti-Sway-Bar being something to re-grease, yes, easy. BUT, I would be much more inclined to believe you are talking about more squeaking than the bar itself, probably talking about more of the other bushings, and those ARE harder. Lots of work to put the snot on the more major bushes. Like, probably 10 hours minimum, then you'll probably be looking at an alignment job.
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

I was thinking (based on discussion with T3) to take sway bar and end link pins off, re-lube, and re-install. That doesn't look too difficult. They were installed by the previous owner about a year ago - so I don't anticipate dealing with any stuck fasteners (ie rust). So hopefully it will go smoothly...

'86 Triple Knob Syncro w/EJ22
'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1988M5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

Going with large sway bars can be a life changing improvement. My parents were fed up with our family 1984 Volvo 240 wagon (bought to lock surfboards in the car vs pick up truck) handling. Me as a energetic 18 year old mechanic in 1990 installed (without their knowledge) IPD (performance Volvo gig) large sway bars front and rear. They fell back in love with Volvo. There is such a dramatic change in behavior with thick bars that I don't believe they ever noticed the minor downsides. Go for it guys!

BK
jeffrw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

I’ve been trying to buy for months now but finding both the bar and hd end links in stock at the same time has been tougher than trying to make it in to Wal Mart without a mask on.
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

jeffrw wrote:
I’ve been trying to buy for months now but finding both the bar and hd end links in stock at the same time has been tougher than trying to make it in to Wal Mart without a mask on.

I had the same problem BUT when I ordered from T3 they held the sway bar for me (set it aside since I paid for it) and waited for the end links to come in. Took a couple of weeks but well worth it. T3 kicks ass indeed. Customer service is outstanding and products are top of the line.

candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Just put in the T3 Technique Swaybar and Endlinks Reply with quote

4mymalamute wrote:
jeffrw wrote:

I had the same problem BUT when I ordered from T3 they held the sway bar for me (set it aside since I paid for it) and waited for the end links to come in. Took a couple of weeks but well worth it. T3 kicks ass indeed. Customer service is outstanding and products are top of the line.

Last month I had to buy the bar from Vancafe and links from T3. With the way everything is nowadays, I was just happy to get them right away
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: