Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did YOU do to your van today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 545, 546, 547 ... 628, 629, 630  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

vino de vano wrote:
I think you have achieved the ultimate level of black out. Looks fabulous, but for gods sake never paint that aluminum rim, it's just the right amount of flash.

i agree! it even matches with the front lights hahaha
UngaWunga
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Not today... but the Syncro works well, even with the front VC slipping

Link
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Performed tuneup tonight. Spark Plugs, cap, rotor and new fuel filter. Sprayed out the Aux Air Valve for good measure while I had the Air Filter housing off.
I only had 2 Yrs of usage on these parts, but it was time.
Air filter had already been replaced.
Idle , which wasn’t bad before, was very smooth with the new parts.
Checked tire pressure and drove home from work.

Still need to install a hose I ordered a few weeks ago , and 10cents heater valve heat.
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Installed GW DRL module...relatively simple & effective. I plan to follow up with LED bulbs from SuperBrightLED's...

Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
fxr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

The pop-top all-around seal (GW, 5 years ago) decided one part would stick to the van, the other to the pop-top.

Fixed the back with ABS cement as an experiment - not hopeful - and the sides with DAP contact cement. This is after several months of the top not being opened, and very high daytime temps.

Verdict on the glues tomorrow...
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Put in the T3 Swaybar and end links, changed the oil and put in new rubber matts all throughout. Now to wash the beast.

1969 Bucky the Bug Convertible...red, rusted, work in progress....LOTS of work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rontv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Installed my new kitchen cabinet and electrical setup.
the latter with a 100Ah lifepo4 and 160W solar
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

^^^ LOVE the look of all that...very nice! Cool

- Dave

OldSpice
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

rontv wrote:
Installed my new kitchen cabinet and electrical setup.
the latter with a 100Ah lifepo4 and 160W solar

is that under the drivers seat? above the rail?
rontv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Yes its under the driver seat.
first i put some insulattion on the body and the a wooden board.

the chair fist fine but as i already had a swivel unit i left it there too. I like the increased seatring height.

the swivelling itself wont work anymore ar the battery fits in the cabinet length and width wise but is protruding slightly in height. (need to make a new cover)
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Strange that my A/C not working in October would bug me, but it did.. I got the hatch open, found a Very Loose belt, which I replaced only 4k miles ago. So, replaced it, and then checked the pressure of the refrigerant. Low! Ya, I've got leaky lines. Set up fans and 'installed' another "12A replacement" environmentally safe refrigerant.. 312K miles, on my known to be inaccurately low#'s odo.

Will report back Smile
radar5667
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Joined the Blazecut club

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Apologized to it for remarks I've made about the difficulty working in its engine compartment. I've been trying to replace the head gaskets in our big Dodge highroof and the Vanagon is practically a breeze by comparison.
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

With an engine the size of potato, of course it's easy to access.
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

radar5667 wrote:

Hmmm...why all the tubing above the AFM? Just curious...

- Dave

radar5667
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

There is no reason for the layout of the Blazecut in my Westy other than clearance. Prior to installing it, I viewed the demo on YouTube a few times. If there is a fire in the engine compartment, the tube melts where fire contacts it and the product comes out the hole that was melted in the tube in a fraction of a second and extinguishes the fire....hopefully. The tube does not uncoil “easily”....something like trying to uncoil a frozen hula hoop. I made a rough drawing of potential obstacles in the engine compartment and tried to avoid those high spots so the engine cover would close as it should without contacting the Blazecut tube. The layout I ended up with also allowed reasonable access to the “chicken wire” (for lack of a better term), embedded in the insulation on the bottom side of the engine cover hatch. The “chicken wire” allows you to zip tie the Blazecut tube to the engine cover hatch to mount it there with no drilling. I arranged the end of the Blazecut tube with the pressure gauge on it so that it is visible when I open the engine cover so I can verify it’s condition at a glance. I chose the 9 foot model for my Westy as 6 feet seemed it might be a bit small and 12 feet seemed it might be too much.
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Sanded my roof, primed some tiny rust spots, and then rattle can'ed Samos Beige on all of that just to add some paint on the Roof for Winter. Factory Primer was starting to show in places.... Embarassed
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto

Last edited by jlrftype7 on Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Put on the new front signal lenses (orange) from VC this AM. Wow, not a game changer... but still good.
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

3d printed this to keep my table from swinging... No matter how tight I tightened the know it would lose up on bumpy road, we'll see how this works out..... The raised table had been awesome, for storing stuff on top of those cabinets and being able to lift the cabinet doors to get in there w.o having to move the table

*** Bonus, do you see the front table storage Laughing ?

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make
radar5667
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What did YOU do to your van today? Reply with quote

Read the forum to get my list together, then hit up Amazon and others to get my tools and spares that will stay in the Syncro with me. Nice to have them tucked away for when whatever is next happens. Thanks to the Samba for the intel on tools and spares, with extra thanks to whoever mentioned the Bucket Boss Tool Roll. That thing is awesome.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 545, 546, 547 ... 628, 629, 630  Next
Jump to:
Page 546 of 630

Jump to: