Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

quick bay window(?) pass
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: quick bay window(?) pass Reply with quote

I was getting onto the westbound Southern State last night at about 7pm, and as I was merging, a red under white bay window(?) with a squared off roof extension went by me in the center lane.

Nothing unusual about that, as I had not been up to speed yet, other than a bay window on the road around here, but what happened next raised my eyebrows.

The bay was behind another car in the center lane, and when the left (passing) lane cleared, that bus went around the car and back into the center lane way quicker than I expected it could. And it was quiet about it, too!

So I am curious if that was anyone here? And watchoo got in there? That was a quick pass for a bus.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: quick bay window(?) pass Reply with quote

A few years back we were headed into the big city in our '69 Bus bucking a huge head wind and struggling to hold 55 mph on a 70 mph highway. We passed an older split Bus that the police had pulled over and I commented to the wife "Well, we know he wasn't pulled over for speeding!"

As we pulled up to the first set of lights in the city the same Bus passed us with a distinct V8 rumble! There was no engine hanging out back so I suspect it was mounted midship.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: quick bay window(?) pass Reply with quote

Scotty,
Think "Subi" conversion.
Skills does those mods on the east coast. And he does them very well!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: quick bay window(?) pass Reply with quote

In New Hampshire last weekend I heard something that kinda sounded like a late bay, but it was not quite right so I stopped paying attention. My wife poked me and pointed out the westy pulling into the lot.
78 sage with a vw water cooled gas engine retrofit. Very clean. Owner was was super nice, sent his passengers into the bar while we checked out his ride and chatted vw for a bit.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: quick bay window(?) pass Reply with quote

Too bad I couldn't chat with the driver. It would've been cool to know what was in that bus. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: