Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Squidfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2348933
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2307809

MF clown shoes. Shocked this place has always blown my mind, but these are too much not to say anything.. :2gunfire:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

leecat wrote:
Man, I just bought essentially that same van in Vancouver - minus the soot/assorted filth, but admittedly plus heaps of bondo - for $1k Canadian - or about $750 U.S.

AND I drove it 1300 miles home.

But a local guy here has a '72 Bay Westy, bottom six inches rusted ENTIRELY out, non-running, and he wants 10k. So I guess value is subjective.

True Enough.... Razz Razz
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Am I reading this right? One clamp - $1200? Shocked Even four for $1200 Laughing

What am I missing?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BACK-IN-STOCK-NOV-18TH-Vw....l4275.c10

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Am I reading this right? One clamp - $1200? Shocked Even four for $1200 Laughing

What am I missing?

Awesome! That's $1706.30 CDN!!!
Guy probably just screwed up with the posting: why not shoot him an email?
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

What am I missing?

Excessively priced ebay items are not uncommon because the seller doesn't want to take down the listing but they also don't want anyone to bid on it because they are out of stock. So they change the price so it falls at the end of the search and no one really finds it.

That could be what this is, but who knows.
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

It says 28 have been sold. If you click on the 28 sold it hows how much they sold for.
The selling price was 10.00 and not 1000.00 like the listing now shows.

Mark

notchboy wrote:

What am I missing?

candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2422617

Not a whine but a question: is that hightop on backwards?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Squidfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2422617

Not a whine but a question: is that hightop on backwards?

I saw that yesterday and thought how weird it looked too! Maybe a Type2 bus hightop put on backwards? I've never seen this top on a Vanagon/T3 anywhere, but the finishing does look nice on the inside of the top, almost like a AW or CHC conversion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

2423702 Ad # MAybe someone can show me how to post a link

I think this van has one to many zeros in the price. This is just a passenger van with an aftermarket interior. I'd be curious to the real selling price.

1of1? 1982 Vanagon L diesel sunroof camper!! RARE! Price: $50000
I have for sale possibly the rarest Vanagon in the world !! I’ve never seen one ever!
It is a 1982 Vanagon L diesel with a working sunroof and a camper!!! Fridge sink 110 hookup even has original awning and table ! I bought it from the original owners son they picked it up from the dealership like this in 82. Runs and drives great 4 spd manual !! Rear seat needs re done. Original paint is good but chipping heater works good all windows work good glass is all good clean title in my name in hand ! Asking $50,000 ?? Don’t no if that’s crazy high are cheap? I’ve never seen are herd of one I’ve called 20 restoration shops around the USA and they have never herd or seen one either all I here when I send pics is WOW!! Maybe the rarest in the world and could be yours for the right price! Lol. Call or text me if u have questions or answers 417-416-4622
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

16CVs wrote:
2423702 Ad # MAybe someone can show me how to post a link

I think this van has one to many zeros in the price. This is just a passenger van with an aftermarket interior. I'd be curious to the real selling price.

1of1? 1982 Vanagon L diesel sunroof camper!! RARE! Price: $50000
I have for sale possibly the rarest Vanagon in the world !! I’ve never seen one ever!
It is a 1982 Vanagon L diesel with a working sunroof and a camper!!! Fridge sink 110 hookup even has original awning and table ! I bought it from the original owners son they picked it up from the dealership like this in 82. Runs and drives great 4 spd manual !! Rear seat needs re done. Original paint is good but chipping heater works good all windows work good glass is all good clean title in my name in hand ! Asking $50,000 ?? Don’t no if that’s crazy high are cheap? I’ve never seen are herd of one I’ve called 20 restoration shops around the USA and they have never herd or seen one either all I here when I send pics is WOW!! Maybe the rarest in the world and could be yours for the right price! Lol. Call or text me if u have questions or answers 417-416-4622

Here ya go Wink

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2423702
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

it's a classic example of the ASI Weekender with the period mag wheels.
http://wetwesties2.tripod.com/1980-1981_asi_brochure.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

And for $50K it could be yours.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
old_man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I dig the rims.
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I think the decimal point is in the wrong spot. $5000 if everything is in good shape $500 if not. It looks like not from the pictures. It looks like a great project however.
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Honey I am trying to sell 'that old van'. In the meantime I guess we have to keep it until I get a buyer....

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2420408

I think this is a nice looking Van. But at $46,000 I would expect the new canvas to already be installed, and at least a sour cream lid glued on as a cap on the AFM. That engine looks pretty dirty and rusty for a recent rebuild.
I would guess the actual selling price will be about 1/3 of asking? $15k or so? Or am I way off base? This seems to be priced closer to 'amazing condition late model with an engine conversion and lots of upgrades' pricing in my mind.
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

For $46,000 I'd expect the engine bay to be detailed as well.
Squidfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:

It's crazy to think that not even ten years ago, that would be a $4,600 van.
Current selling price should be $15k IMO.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Oy, this one is too easy. The seller appears to work in a marketing department: nice words, decent photos, ignorant enough to know that photo of the engine bay, the base upholstery and the plastic wheel covers drop the reasonable selling price to $11.5K. But they'll probably get $31K selling it to some one else who works in marketing. (I love people who work in marketing but they're not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to evaluating value).

CanStan wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2420408

I think this is a nice looking Van. But at $46,000 I would expect the new canvas to already be installed, and at least a sour cream lid glued on as a cap on the AFM. That engine looks pretty dirty and rusty for a recent rebuild.
I would guess the actual selling price will be about 1/3 of asking? $15k or so? Or am I way off base? This seems to be priced closer to 'amazing condition late model with an engine conversion and lots of upgrades' pricing in my mind.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Squidfish wrote:
4Gears4Tires wrote:

It's crazy to think that not even ten years ago, that would be a $4,600 van.
Current selling price should be $15k IMO.

10 years ago a few cars started rocketing up in price. Look at this e30 m3. 10 years ago $18k would have been a good buy. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-m3-99/ This e30 m3 would have been $12k https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-bmw-m3-26/ 10 years ago I bought e30s for $500-800 all day long, a few friends even found m3s for the low thousands.

The auto market is crazy right now. There are enough people that work in the IT field with decent incomes ($100k+ per person), double income no kids/not yet kids, grew up with a nostalgia of the 80s, and value authenticity of experience above all else.

Owning a Vanagon certainly is an experience.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 119 of 137

Jump to: