Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A few pictures of my 69
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
keg184
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

joey1320
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

That looks great.
Wink
Matheus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

Nice car!! Tell more about engine spec!
keg184
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

The engine is a 1904 with webers and custom exhaust.
Matheus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

keg184 wrote:
The engine is a 1904 with webers and custom exhaust.

Nice, what is the rev limiter of it?
RWilliamsga
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

Where did you get mirror on passenger door . That thing is sweet.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

What's with the coil overs?

A ball joint beam with a sway bar and oil shocks are stiff enough.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

Good symmetry with the 4 small gauges all in a line on your dash. What are some other details about your engine- valve sizes, camshaft, exhaust? Are you happy with how it runs? Clever, creative idea of using small Euro bumper uprights in place of traditional nerf bar bumper round stock.
Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

key184,
Any pictures of the trunk? Looks like the fresh air vent is missing on the trunk lid......less water to intrude that space Smile

How does it handle at high speeds with the front fender modification?

Rome wrote:
Good symmetry with the 4 small gauges all in a line on your dash. What are some other details about your engine- valve sizes, camshaft, exhaust? Are you happy with how it runs? Clever, creative idea of using small Euro bumper uprights in place of traditional nerf bar bumper round stock.

I agree Roland, like the in row of gauges.

Stop Dead Photo Links! Post your VW photos to the Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keg184
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

The mirrors are formula car race mirrors. The front beam is narrowed 2 in. And has the spring packs removed with through rods and QA 1 shocks with coil over springs. Rides smoother than stock with greater adjustment. I bought the motor from a builder in Leesburg, PA. I was told it has the big valve heads from C B Performance. It runs GREAT!! I built the exhaust system 1 1/2 headers and heat exchanger with 2 in exhaust through dynamax muffler. The car runs and handles great, I have only had it up to 100mph, but it was smooth as a new car. I use it for a daily driver except rain or snow. There is no rust anywhere.
keg184
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

The trunk has all of the fresh air equipment removed. Under the floor are the new style fuse boxes and sound system amp. Where the spare was is the electric fuel pump and electric windshield washer tank. I rewired the entire car. The fuel filler door was removed and the filler installed in the trunk.
Gr0unded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

keg184 wrote:
The trunk has all of the fresh air equipment removed. Under the floor are the new style fuse boxes and sound system amp. Where the spare was is the electric fuel pump and electric windshield washer tank. I rewired the entire car. The fuel filler door was removed and the filler installed in the trunk.

Nice touch, similar to the older 50-60s beetle fuel access from the trunk. Nice retro styling.

The front airbox delete does makes for a much cleaner and easier approach to wiring behind the dash. I like it.

Stop Dead Photo Links! Post your VW photos to the Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finefettle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

Your car is sweeeeet
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

Sweet car! Really like the seat color too!

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

I was checking out your pix gallery & wanted to know more about your removable apron. Is it steel or fiberglass? Any pixs of your installation in progress?
Getting ready to start on mine!

Thanks
keg184
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

DerrickfromNC1 wrote:
I was checking out your pix gallery & wanted to know more about your removable apron. Is it steel or fiberglass? Any pixs of your installation in progress?
Getting ready to start on mine!

Thanks
it is steel. It is secured with 4 bottom head screws.
quiksilver571
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

I'm not normally into white vehicles, but your car is titties Very Happy Very Happy

Tell me more about your center console/cupholder set up. I've been on the drawing board with what I want to do to mine for awhile.

How do you like the one piece windows vs vent wings? I haven't been able to make up my mind on which way I want to go on mine.

and what did you use for the black on your handle/hood emblem? Powdercoat/paint?
keg184
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

quiksilver571 wrote:
I'm not normally into white vehicles, but your car is titties Very Happy Very Happy

Tell me more about your center console/cupholder set up. I've been on the drawing board with what I want to do to mine for awhile.

How do you like the one piece windows vs vent wings? I haven't been able to make up my mind on which way I want to go on mine.

and what did you use for the black on your handle/hood emblem? Powdercoat/paint?
the center console I made out of metal. I really like the one piece windows. I have not had the problems that everyone complained about. The door handles I bought off of ebay and they were black, the emblem and engine cover latch I painted.
quiksilver571
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

keg184 wrote:
the center console I made out of metal. I really like the one piece windows. I have not had the problems that everyone complained about. The door handles I bought off of ebay and they were black, the emblem and engine cover latch I painted.

do you have any other photos of the console/cupholder you could share/post? I'd love to see some more detail on it.

I just always love being able to direct window airflow with the vent wing, but also like the look of the one piece window. Though I've heard there's not much room for things like electronic locks/power windows if you go with the one piece. Any chance you have either of those installed and/or do you think you would have room with the windows there?
keg184
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: A few pictures of my 69 Reply with quote

quiksilver571 wrote:
keg184 wrote:

do you have any other photos of the console/cupholder you could share/post? I'd love to see some more detail on it.

I just always love being able to direct window airflow with the vent wing, but also like the look of the one piece window. Though I've heard there's not much room for things like electronic locks/power windows if you go with the one piece. Any chance you have either of those installed and/or do you think you would have room with the windows there?

The console I made out of metal. The cup holders are actually pieces of the nerf bar step from my pickup. The console is suspended from the dashboard. I do not have electric door locks but there is room with the one piece windows to install them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: