Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button.
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Emittim3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject: Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button. Reply with quote

Anyone know of a vendor that provides two button key fob replacements for Eurovan? Not finding any two button ones. Just three button options.
speedygeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button. Reply with quote

I have been told they dont make them anymore. when I got my 2002 EVC it only came with 1 FOB, I got a manual key with chip from dealer for around $100 including programing.
westy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button. Reply with quote

There's a guy on ebay selling them. I bought one
'03 EuroVan Weekender
westy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button. Reply with quote

Look at this on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/291906093015
'03 EuroVan Weekender
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button. Reply with quote

Ours were in bad shape and the P.O. had glued the two clamshell parts together. So I could not change the battery without destroying the fob.
There was a link on a Eurovan FB page to a vendor in China. I bought two of the fobs and had a locksmith transfer the guts from my beat up originals. Some things were a little *tight* but he made it fit. The fobs were $15-ish each and the locksmith charged $20 each to do the transplant surgery. They work fine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button. Reply with quote

westy66 wrote:
Look at this on eBay

$199 ?!?!?!?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
westy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button. Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
westy66 wrote:
Look at this on eBay

$199 ?!?!?!?

What do you think an OEM, NLA key should cost?!?! These are the late Eurovan smart keys. They aren't repopping these in China.
'03 EuroVan Weekender
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button. Reply with quote

I have no idea what an original Volkswagen key fob cost.
I have a 2002 Eurovan camper. Would that not qualify as “late”? I got the key fobs from China. They work.
ocelotpotpie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button. Reply with quote

Yeah, the "late" model Eurovans ~2000-2003 have keyless entry, so yours qualifies.

As for that key - the top bit claims to be OEM but the remote is a Chinese reman unit. So your $20 option is likely a much better one if you have an older key to repurpose. The immobilzer chip in the key is the tricky bit, which that $199 one does have. There are some ways around that, though.

Talking to a local locksmith who deal with this stuff is a good first option.
studioh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement key fob, 2002 Eurovan, two button. Reply with quote

I found the case on Amazon, "Keyfobworld Keyless Entry Remote Replacement 2 button flip key case for VW Volkswagen Golf mk4 Bora remote fob" is the description. I swapped my key and guts into the new case- works perfect and cost a whopping $7.99.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: