Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

looking for 1976E engine tin
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomas.weiss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: looking for 1976E engine tin Reply with quote

Hi,
it seems I've lost one piece of engine tin and I'm wondering if anyone has one for sale, or knows where to potentially get it.
Will also post on "thesamba.com".
I'm missing the top cover for cylinder 1+2, see picture, inside yellow circle (sorry for stealing this pic, was from an earlier post here a couple years back when someone sold these).

Thanks for all hints.
Best,
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: looking for 1976E engine tin Reply with quote

that will be very very difficult to find to the point that If I was in the position, I would purchase a piece of 914 2.0 sheetmetal and fabricate the difference in the stamping. We have a complete 912e engine here for sale but that would be overkill
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for 1976E engine tin Reply with quote

Post a wanted ad on the Samba here in the parts section and you might get lucky.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: looking for 1976E engine tin Reply with quote

well this is really crazy, but I was in the back today looking at all of the parts we got in from Al at Parts heaven, and there is a perfect one back there. Call or e mail me if you want to purchase autoatlanta.com
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: looking for 1976E engine tin Reply with quote

one of 2088 such parts, (plus a few dozen spares) ever made.
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: