Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rear seat, kids proof??
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
911GT2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject: Rear seat, kids proof?? Reply with quote

I'm thinking about buying a 356.

Thing is though I want to be able to take my wife and daughter (11) for a weekend trip in the 356.

Is that doable? Or is it so cramped the backseat is only good for luggage?

Right now I've got a 914 and I miss going out together.
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear seat, kids proof?? Reply with quote

The jump seat will be tight for an 11 year old and will be outright uncomfortable in a couple of years.

The biggest problems I see are the zero-tolerance child restraint laws that don't make exceptions for riding in pre-1970's autos. As long as you don't drive stupidly, it's not law enforcement that's the problem; it's the self-righteous prick that pulls up next to you at a traffic light, sees her unrestrained and immediately calls the authorities.
911GT2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear seat, kids proof?? Reply with quote

janerick3 wrote:
The jump seat will be tight for an 11 year old and will be outright uncomfortable in a couple of years.

The biggest problems I see are the zero-tolerance child restraint laws that don't make exceptions for riding in pre-1970's autos. As long as you don't drive stupidly, it's not law enforcement that's the problem; it's the self-righteous prick that pulls up next to you at a traffic light, sees her unrestrained and immediately calls the authorities.

Oh that doesn't apply, Im from the Netherlands and over here you can run your car period correct. Cool

Thanks for the first part Very Happy I thought it might be a squeeze.
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Rear seat, kids proof?? Reply with quote

If you & wife are small in stature, with the front seats all the way forward it could work for a few years. Find a 356 at a car show or a friends and test fit.
A few years ago I needed a ride to a resturant, buddies wife sat in back seat of his 356 coupe while the men sat in front.
She didn’t complain. Coups are better than Cabs as far as the back seat room.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Rear seat, kids proof?? Reply with quote

get the welder out... Laughing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear seat, kids proof?? Reply with quote

finster wrote:
get the welder out... Laughing
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
ME WANT! Shocked

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
ensys
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Rear seat, kids proof?? Reply with quote

I've always liked the skirts on this car.

Mr.GT2:

Given the proximity of the not-latched front seat back, you may wish you hadn't skirted the safety issues. That sort of thing plays hob with expensive braces.

The 356 was never intended to be a family car. Methinks a larger GT would provide happy faces all around after a day on the road. After all, it doesn't take much to turn a pre-teen into a Crabby Appleton.... I'm jus' sayin'....

S.J.Szabo
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: