Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

All things Essen - Westfalia Trailers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manfreds78bay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: All things Essen - Westfalia Trailers Reply with quote

I doubt I'm going to find one of these babies anytime soon. I'd like to build something close to the same size. Can anyone point me to the dimensions?

1982 AMC Eagle SX4 4.2L FI
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: All things Essen - Westfalia Trailers Reply with quote

Looking for pics of anyone's wiring from bus to the trailer as far as connections are concerned.
I have an idea of what I want to do but am looking to see how everyone else did theirs.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: All things Essen - Westfalia Trailers Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Looking for pics of anyone's wiring from bus to the trailer as far as connections are concerned.
I have an idea of what I want to do but am looking to see how everyone else did theirs.

Pick the style plug you like at your local Trailer Supply Store!
I'm sure there is a variety on these trailers.
I have a horizontal 4 wire plugin with a rubber cap on my pickup for my tow dolly. Idea
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: All things Essen - Westfalia Trailers Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
crofty wrote:

Pick the style plug you like at your local Trailer Supply Store!
I'm sure there is a variety on these trailers.
I have a horizontal 4 wire plugin with a rubber cap on my pickup for my tow dolly. Idea

I'm using a 7 pin Hella set up.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubdan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: All things Essen - Westfalia Trailers Reply with quote

I am in the process of restoring me Essen. Is the wood marine grade plywood, birch or mahogany? What have others used to stain or seal the wood? It appears the lid and floor are thicker than the walls. What are the thicknesses?
Porsche904
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: All things Essen - Westfalia Trailers Reply with quote

vdubdan wrote:
I am in the process of restoring me Essen. Is the wood marine grade plywood, birch or mahogany? What have others used to stain or seal the wood? It appears the lid and floor are thicker than the walls. What are the thicknesses?

sides n top is 9mm birch wood, bottom is 12mm, orig paint is phenolic resin, I used insted of that a good transparent ship-paint, works fine
1948 Type1 #1-078021 sold
1951 Type1 Crotch Cooler Ragtop
1953 Type1 Standard sold
1955 Type1 DeLuxe sold
1957 Type1 Ragtop
1959 Type1 Ragtop sold
1960 Type1 Ragtop sold
1965 Type1 Sunroof sold
1969 Type1 Semi automatic sold
1972 1302LS sold
1973 1303LS sold
1973 1303GSR sold
1978 1200 sold
1978 1200German Post Bug sold
1980 Porsche 928S chrashed🤪
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: