Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW on YouTube
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: VW on YouTube Reply with quote

I opened the YouTube app today and saw John’s video on the home screen. Does YouTube aim this at me because I posted videos there that have Charlotte Transporter Show in the title?
Did anyone see it?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW on YouTube Reply with quote

Craig wrote:
Does YouTube aim this at me because I posted videos there that have Charlotte Transporter Show in the title?

YES. log out of your Gmail account and they won't know its you.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: VW on YouTube Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Craig wrote:
Does YouTube aim this at me because I posted videos there that have Charlotte Transporter Show in the title?

YES. log out of your Gmail account and they won't know its you.

they will still know. it will take a day or two but your recommend list will average out again. just with the addition of "whats popular" videos when your not logged in. you are being watched far more than you can imagine. logs, video, polls, private data, audio, history, purchase history, the time of day you visit said place, how long you spent, how often, what you looked at, what post you started typing but then cancled, your social status, records, personal data, how many girlfirends youve had, how many times you broke a bone, your decent, your favorite band, how smart you are, how easy you are to manipulate, you name it. that is unless, you are the stalker/company.

they arent going to stop. and yes, they want to know everything about you. because it makes them money. duhh. is it sketchy? umm, yeah. youd be surprised at how many folks dont even know whats going on even when they open their preferred browser.

effort you can put forth to avoid the asshole big boy powers of the world are... use duckduckgo, a more secure type of browser, stop fucking supporting amazon, i love our capitalist country, but it gets real skurry when companies become this large, and this powerful. forcing deiper companies out of business by copying their product, and taking a loss on revinues in order to force them to sell THeir business. yup. i consider that frightening. historical documents show us how horified people were of standard oil here in the US. take big money/power, add modern day cyber technology, and monopoly and connections with other parts of the world, you dont want to be sharing info with... cough cough, china. cough cough hunter. cough cough, amazon. cough cough zuckerburg.

does my "rant" even relate to the op's question? barely. and are we all going to die a fiery death after chinazon releases hords of self detonating murder alexas across the nation? i dont think so. but, this thread had little meaning till now sooo.. your welcome.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Craig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: VW on YouTube Reply with quote

Thank you the quick reply, boss. I don’t mind the rant, my good fiend.
I don’t ask because I am paranoid about privacy, I was more curious if John and Jeremy have national recognition after that exposure?

Privacy? My relatives, friends and I have had none since the sixties.
My older brother, at eighteen, wrote a letter to the U.S. State Department renouncing his American citizenship to join a mercenary army overseas. We have never left the radars.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: