Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

For the Record...
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: For the Record... Reply with quote

Normally I like driving all my VWs at least for a week or two each. This dreaded year being what it has been with the lack of shows and events to go to, my mileage hasn’t been as usual. Sad

Hoping that the new year will bring the events back, I’m recording the mileage as it stands today and will review it around this same time next year. Cool

The Dormy which normally gets the most

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The Plump Truck serves well for work

The Bug which is pretty much my “leisure” vehicle

Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: For the Record... Reply with quote

watch. on December 31st, we're all gonna be watching the clock, and at 11:59, its gonna roll over to 11:60
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: For the Record... Reply with quote

Mine hasn't changed since this time last year.

And I have more miles on my bicycle than on my daily driver this year.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
daven
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: For the Record... Reply with quote

Since Covid I have put 20 miles (?) on both my bugs and about 600 on my Outback - a different world for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: For the Record... Reply with quote

Same feelings here, covid has really put a damper on my motivation to go cruising. Have been spending time fiddling with both bus and bug.But not getting out much. it seems less fun without a destination... just driving to make a huge hour-long circle and returning home is not as satisfying. I can't wait for that long drive to actually go camping or a festival! 2020 is like "the year that never was"!
It will be nice to put it behind, not much entertainment or excitement to be had.
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: For the Record... Reply with quote

Last weekend.
Since I haven't been commuting for 6 hours a day, plenty more time to take a drive to nowhere.
hopkin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: For the Record... Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
Normally I like driving all my VWs at least for a week or two each. This dreaded year being what it has been with the lack of shows and events to go to, my mileage hasn’t been as usual. Sad

It was the opposite for me, with the lack of shows I spent more time behind the wheel then in any other years, I usually average 9,000 kms per year. This year I drove just over 18,000 kms between mid-March and mid-Nov.

(164802.5 kms)
1972 914 (past)
1991 Honda Civic (Original Owner)
1996 'Open Air' Mexican Beetle (current)
2015 Golf (current)
2017 Dune Edition (daughter's car)
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: For the Record... Reply with quote

This first pic is January 1st 2020. Second pic is a few weeks ago. I’ll turn over 100,000 before end of year. I’m not a daily driver, it’s all for fun and killing time.

CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: For the Record... Reply with quote

hopkin wrote:

It was the opposite for me, with the lack of shows I spent more time behind the wheel then in any other years, I usually average 9,000 kms per year. This year I drove just over 18,000 kms between mid-March and mid-Nov.

Same for me. I always put at metric shit ton of miles on my air cooled cars in the summer months. But this year, with less commitments and less things I had to do, I was able to make even more time for air cooled cruising. With the kids out of school and my wife working remotely, there were more opportunities for impromptu weekday camping trips, rather than just the weekends.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: For the Record... Reply with quote

Ok, this looks like a fun game! I will play too. I fully intend to put some country behind the Buggy next summer come what may. Even if it's only towing canoes and boat to the lake for fishing!

obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: For the Record... Reply with quote

during pandemic my business was up(trust me i'd rather have status quo-i'm over this shit) so my bus sat in the storage unit from March until about August where i drove it home for measurements for the new garage. Then i just drove it home to its new spot in the garage in early November. The Thing i drove a little bit more only because it was at my house but even so i didn't drive it much. Tomorrow i go to pick up my new-to-me karmann ghia and that wont be on the road til 2021. possibly
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: