Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Slider door difference between power locks and non power?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject: Slider door difference between power locks and non power? Reply with quote

I am about to purchase a slider door off another late model van (my syncro is a 1989)...question though...I have factory power locks and not sure the donor door had them (all items are stripped off the door). Is there a way I can see if it did OR if it did not, can I just switch over all my components from original door to donor door? Thanks for the clarification.

1969 Bucky the Bug Convertible...red, rusted, work in progress....LOTS of work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Slider door difference between power locks and non power? Reply with quote

Looking at my 87 w/o power locks and my 91 with power locks. The 91 would have mounting holes under the door light switch plunger for the power contact panel and the 87 w/o has no additional holes.
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Slider door difference between power locks and non power? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Slider door difference between power locks and non power? Reply with quote

Tim(why?)

I've purchased a contactor pad you show in the door for a project, not for power locks. I still need to find the pin/spring plate for the frame, I suspect it may be similar to another VW/Audi part... Could i beg you to take a picture of the frame side, please?

Thanks,

-bobby
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Slider door difference between power locks and non power? Reply with quote

sliding doors with power lock have a cutout for the contact plate and a welded in bracket to hold the actuator
You can cut out the hole measured from the old door and you can buy a bracket:
https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/cdl-bracket-kit-t3-sliding-door.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kiltedhiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Slider door difference between power locks and non power? Reply with quote

Bobby,

Is this what you are looking for?

Steven
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Slider door difference between power locks and non power? Reply with quote

Steven, yes perfect!! Thanks! (now I need to see if there is a hole already in that spot on my frame, or if the holes/threads need to be cut)

-bobby
4mymalamute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Slider door difference between power locks and non power? Reply with quote

Thank you for the pictures and clarification. I will check the slider and see if it has it cut out already...I hope so.

Thanks again everyone.

1969 Bucky the Bug Convertible...red, rusted, work in progress....LOTS of work.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: