Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kassim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yes, that would be fine. Thanks!
andy52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Im quite impressed with the prices of vanagons in the states.
Here in Spain you can get them from 5k€ to 15k €

Everything above 15K € is something special, well restored, syncros.. and so
andy52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Squidfish wrote:
4Gears4Tires wrote:
For $46,000 I'd expect the engine bay to be detailed as well.

It's crazy to think that not even ten years ago, that would be a $4,600 van.
Current selling price should be $15k IMO.

maximum
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2432552

Someone reported this seat to say it's not a Vanagon seat.

I don't know myself so can anyone confirm either way?
Thank you.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

That's a 2000-2003 Eurovan middle-row folding seat. So while not technically a Vanagon, they're in the right ballpark.

Hope that helps! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Thanks! I moved it to Eurovan Parts
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I think the seller should pay somebody $400 to have it hauled away and not the other way around;

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2435997

Perhaps it's the VIN# / title that is for sale Smile

T
'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Tomasz wrote:
I think the seller should pay somebody $400 to have it hauled away and not the other way around;

T

Rear bumper removed? I'll pass, thanks. Very Happy

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Dear God - I have that exact same thing sitting in the field here, post-fire, and I wouldn't dream of trying to sell it. You can't salvage anything - not even sheet metal. Even the aluminum rims will be melted on the inside, likewise the backs of the filler ports on the side. Absolute garbage and needs a good crushing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Tomasz wrote:

T
The deal breaker is that the Rear Bumper is not included.... Wink Wink Razz Razz, but all that rust IS FREE though....
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
charleslabri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

jlrftype7 wrote:
Tomasz wrote:

T
The deal breaker is that the Rear Bumper is not included.... Wink Wink Razz Razz, but all that rust IS FREE though....

sounds like a great resto project

My Build Thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=730525&highlight=
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

jlrftype7 wrote:
Tomasz wrote:

T

You can buy the bumpers here Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2436000
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

They could easily get $100 for the hook up boxes...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

is this really where these parts are in the market these days?
an unbuilt non-locker trans as well? then again they did only import less than 15,ooo syncro in the North American market (same qty as the SVX).. so any survivors are special.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/pts/d/bellingham-vw-vanagon-syncro-conversion/7242483790.html
Vw vanagon syncro conversion kit - $5,750 (Bellingham)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
95% of the parts (100% of the hard to find ones) you need to convert your vanagon to awd/4wd/syncro.

1x frame cut

1x syncro front sub frame (some rust, see photos, repairable and impossible to find state side)

1x pair of syncro steereing knuckles/uprights w/ hubs

1x pairs of lower control arms cast

1x upper control arms

1x doka/sinka gas tank with filler neck parts/trims (can be made to work for non doka applications).

1x transmission mounts

1x sets of syncro shift rods

1x syncro steering shaft

Clutch and brake hardlines

Cluster parts

Locker panel and harness/lines

Drive shaft

1 front diff w/ vc (unrebuilt original state without speedo sender)

1 transaxles (one non-locker unit in unrebuilt original state)

Can also include pre-built german gkn/lobro front and rear cvs/axles (new in box) and front brake caliper/rotor set up (also new).

Can advise with what parts are missing and where to purchase them from (burley, van cafe and brickworks).

Not really into haggling over price.

Trade interests: turbo diesel 4wd pickup (dreaming...), bay window with minimal Swiss cheese and a title (camper or tin top). Could also be interested in trading them for vanagon rust repair/paint work.

Can put on a pallet and ship at buyers expense.

Can take PayPal/venmo if needed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

That is only $250 less than what I paid to drive away with those parts on new tires.
mitch5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

That is nearly what i paid for a rusty donor, although i got a running driving van with a locking diff. The seller would be smart to pay $100 and get all the parts sandblasted, although that may reveal the subframe is too far gone.
Squidfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2440266

Quote:
Porsche axles to get more meat under the fenders and make it handle like a Mercedes instead of a baby buggy. you can hang a curve without feeling like you are rolling over. Did I mention the engine is balanced.....and you can roll 85 mph on the highway.....For Real....

:snipersmile: Must have been a marketing major in junior college Laughing
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Squidfish wrote:

Quote:
Porsche axles to get more meat under the fenders and make it handle like a Mercedes instead of a baby buggy. you can hang a curve without feeling like you are rolling over. Did I mention the engine is balanced.....and you can roll 85 mph on the highway.....For Real....

Oy, the seller is clearly....special...."For Real"....but i'll give them points for actually keeping the a/c running and not saying "it just needs a charge".

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Squidfish wrote:

Quote:

Why wouldn't Mister 'Special' rotate the images to make them viewable? It casts doubt on the attention to detail on the van asa whole...
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I was browsing on YT and this poped up. Fresh, it was published 1 day ago.

Link

There are a lot of vanagon parts for sale
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 121 of 137

Jump to: