Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What’s your Go to Body Filler(bondo)
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject: What’s your Go to Body Filler(bondo) Reply with quote

What’s the best out there in terms of adhesion, sandability, strength, etc.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: What’s your Go to Body Filler(bondo) Reply with quote

I like the line of Rage products personally. Rage Gold specifically but I am sure there might be better versions.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: What’s your Go to Body Filler(bondo) Reply with quote

I use Rage gold at work, never had a problem. Started using Upol Fantastic at home, also no problems. Rage is wicked money compared to Upol.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: What’s your Go to Body Filler(bondo) Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
I use Rage gold at work, never had a problem. Started using Upol Fantastic at home, also no problems. Rage is wicked money compared to Upol.

I see that my local O’Reillys has Upol Fantastic for about $13 for a quart can. Some reviews I’ve read say this stuff spreads like butter and cuts easy with 120grit vs other products on the market.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your Go to Body Filler(bondo) Reply with quote

DerrickfromNC1 wrote:
67ctbug wrote:

I see that my local O’Reillys has Upol Fantastic for about $13 for a quart can. Some reviews I’ve read say this stuff spreads like butter and cuts easy with 120grit vs other products on the market.

After an hr of grinding and a few minutes with the flapper wheel me thinks she is ready for a thin coat of filler.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Bodywork and smoothing panels is not my forte, but I’m hoping a thin coat of filler and careful hand sanding will have this bumper primer ready after the 1st attempt.
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What’s your Go to Body Filler(bondo) Reply with quote

I've been taught that Duraglass is impervious to moisture so on a welded seam I've used that first in case there are any pinholes. It is difficult to sand though. I like Rage to skim with because it is creamy smooth going on and very easy to sand.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: What’s your Go to Body Filler(bondo) Reply with quote

Looking for a good epoxy highfill primer from a spray can that doesn’t cost over $25/can. A place to buy it over the counter would be nice also....waiting for Amazon even though they are fast is slowing my project down!

Thanks
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: What’s your Go to Body Filler(bondo) Reply with quote

DerrickfromNC1 wrote:
Looking for a good epoxy highfill primer from a spray can that doesn’t cost over $25/can. A place to buy it over the counter would be nice also....waiting for Amazon even though they are fast is slowing my project down!

Thanks

Epoxy high build sucks. It gums up paper. Better to use polyester primer as your sandable and then shoot epoxy sealer over it before topcoat.
The days of $25/can primer ended a long time ago...

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: