Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

I ran the tall tires with the RGBs and did just fine. As soon as I did the IRS, for the motor to be “happy” i was doing 95mph! Shocked

Turn around and went back to figure out a better tire size, 215-65-15s are doing very well with a stock geared Bug center section. Cool
FunkFlex61
Samba Athlete

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

My 1960 walkthrough Kombi with a new set of BFG 215/75/15’s. Loving the change from bias plys.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
realmechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

It looks really good, Did you have any issues getting the tires on the rear and do they rub anywhere? Nice pictures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FunkFlex61
Samba Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

realmechanic wrote:
It looks really good, Did you have any issues getting the tires on the rear and do they rub anywhere? Nice pictures

No rubbing. Rears went on very easy. Just deflated them a bit and worked them on from the rear going forward. No issues whatsoever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
realmechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Thanks, for the update. I appreciate the help. Your bus looks good with the BFG's on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

FunkFlex61 wrote:
My 1960 walkthrough Kombi with a new set of BFG 215/75/15’s. Loving the change from bias plys.

Perfection!!
FunkFlex61
Samba Athlete

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Thanks Brandon 👊🏾
bobrk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

FunkFlex61 wrote:

Nice. How do you like those CSP disk brakes?

1500 single port | 1963 small nut/big brake transaxle | CSP Disc Brakes | dual circuit m/c | Deutsch Polster seats
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FunkFlex61
Samba Athlete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Love them. Plug and play right out of the box. No issues whatsoever.
Huetti_1989
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

FunkFlex61 wrote:
realmechanic wrote:

No rubbing. Rears went on very easy. Just deflated them a bit and worked them on from the rear going forward. No issues whatsoever.

nice look!
do you limit the spring travel or the way the tire move up and down?
i plan something like this on my 57 SC, but i am afraid of rubbing anywhere...

-Christian
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=757182
My 1954 Deutsche Bundespost Barndoor:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=621802
My 1961 SO34 Flipseat Westfalia:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=716285
My 1991 Westfalia California:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=650751
bobrk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

FunkFlex61 wrote:
Love them. Plug and play right out of the box. No issues whatsoever.

Thanks, I'm putting a set on my '59 Single.

1500 single port | 1963 small nut/big brake transaxle | CSP Disc Brakes | dual circuit m/c | Deutsch Polster seats
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FunkFlex61
Samba Athlete

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Huetti_1989 wrote:
FunkFlex61 wrote:
realmechanic wrote:

nice look!
do you limit the spring travel or the way the tire move up and down?
i plan something like this on my 57 SC, but i am afraid of rubbing anywhere...

-Christian

No rubbing at all. The suspension set up is stock with Bilstein Shocks on all 4 corners.
John Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Hey FunkFlex do you have a build thread?
FunkFlex61
Samba Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

John Ghia wrote:
Hey FunkFlex do you have a build thread?

I don’t. Sorry. More pics of the build can be found on Instagram under Dunn_Did_It_
ralphiewigum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

bobrk wrote:
FunkFlex61 wrote:

Nice. How do you like those CSP disk brakes?

I run the same set up. Get a slight rub when I hit big bumps fast

SaskVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

FunkFlex61 wrote:

HI,

I have 215/75/R15 on my 64 Single Cab and I'm in the process of getting a new 2180 stroker. Getting some repairs done to the tranny as well and have the opportunity to change the gearing. What gearing are you running? I've got the 4.12 R&P and 0.82 4th gear. I'm considering going to a 3.88 r&P

Thanks
FunkFlex61
Samba Athlete

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

SaskVW wrote:
FunkFlex61 wrote:

HI,

I have 215/75/R15 on my 64 Single Cab and I'm in the process of getting a new 2180 stroker. Getting some repairs done to the tranny as well and have the opportunity to change the gearing. What gearing are you running? I've got the 4.12 R&P and 0.82 4th gear. I'm considering going to a 3.88 r&P

Thanks

The motor is a 2110. Big nut transmission with a 3.44 RP and a .89 4th.
realmechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

realmechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

New tires installed today. They are also 215/75/15’s
realmechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Large tire/big meats - Stock suspension Bus thread Reply with quote

Had to deflate the rears to get them on so it’s definitely a tight fit with that size tire on my 60.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103  Next
Jump to:
Page 99 of 103

Jump to: