Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Haunted House?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Sounds like the Russian hackers have dug into your TV set.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Very Happy It wouldn't surprise me that activity picks up around this time of year. Our resident did for years. Christmas is/was a special time for them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Around 1990 or so my family moved from the bay area CA to east Ohio. My parents purchased a house directly across the street from the school. It was an old house built in 1898 and before the town was much of anything other than a small coal mining town.

The house was old, but in pretty decent shape. It had a modem steam heating furnace installed but no central air.

The house was too small for 6 kids and 2 adults, but the location was optional. So the plan was to remodel the full basement to add more finished space. We were bunked up in the house for awhile before we got settled enough to start the remodel. Other than the steam heat and the old house creaking from time to time, there was nothing odd about the house.

But when we started demo in the basement, all that began to change. Almost every night, after my little sisters were asleep, (never before) you would hear distinct footfalls on the basement stairs mostly. Sometimes on the stairs leading to the 2nd floor. My father would routinely leave his room in the middle of the night to see if someone was in the house.

None of the family was pro or anti ghost believers that I knew of. We didn't talk about the paranormal before these events. I guess we didn't have much reason.

This went on for months. Sometimes it was nightly, sometimes taking a break for awhile. I used to sleep on the landing of the stairs from time to time because that is where the window A/C was. Nothing makes your hair stand on end as when your woken up by footsteps running up the stairs at night and then completely stopping just as you would expect to see a full sized man round the corner at the landing.

Once, in the middle of the day, my mother, brother, and I were the only people home. We were downstairs in the living room. Then all of the sudden it sounded like a full sized adult starting jumping up and down from upstairs. It was enough to see stuff vibrate on the walls.

Creeped us out. We had gotten used to the footsteps on the stairs, but this was angry.

My parents had the local priest come and bless the house. We also had out loud discussions with the sprit telling them that we know your angry, but we were staying in the house.

After that, everything kinda stopped.

Definitely something odd was going on there. But it NEVER happened when my little sisters were awake. Like the ghost didn't want to scare the girls.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Didn’t mark tucker live in that area in the 1990s?

Cool
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

no. I have been through ohio a few times, spent 2 or 3 days there, that was enough. as for cali.....yup long ago, lots of family there.going back before the gold rush. I left there loong ago. but my twin is still out there.

just because a home/house has...goast, that dont mean it's haunted.sometimes they are just bored.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Walter changed his MO ..... he now randomly is turning off the TV as we watch it!

It would be boring around here without Walter........

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

So......

Walter has been busy lately.

We have a set of Stainless steel mixing bowls that nest together.
We didn't really use them so they got weeded from the kitchen.

Too good to toss so I put them on the top shel in the basement.
This shelf is level..... I built it...... 10 1/2" wide.

A few days after putting the bowl set on the shelf there was a great metallic CRASH in the basement.
The bowl set was strewn across the floor!
Not only is the shelf level, the bottom of the bowls are coated with a grippy rubbery silicon!

A week later I put a box on this same shelf, it stayed there about a day and fell off.

I have some boxes piled but not haphazardly.
More often than not the pile tips over........

Last week we were back to random TV turning on.

Just the other night my Wife was using the toilet..... it faces an antique oak piano roll cabinet.
As she watched the door went from fully closed to fully open.

That's the high lights....... there are other odd gremlins but not worth mentioning.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

we live in a real rural area,dead end road,,, so yesterday 2 cops cars drove by
then an EMS SUV ,, a little later 2 black suv's ,, then the phone call ,,we only have two houses a mile up the road and both older couples,,one couple died, we lost both him& her ,, she must of been ill and passed he took his own life ,,so said Crying or Very sad They like us, are very Private people,never bother anybody,,,, ,,that's five people that have died in that house over the years, I've lived here,,,,,,
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Had another loud crash happen at 2:30 am, woke us both up, dog woke up too, cat is outside, searched the house and once again, nothing is out of place. No idea, seems to happen every now and then...
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Demons have no choice but to leave under Jesus name. Its just a rule. They shriek and run away into the abys. works every time.

Same reasons impure spirits cry out in pain during deliverance under the presence of the lamb.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
So......

Walter has been busy lately.

Dave

My Irish grandmother was convinced that a lot of Pennsylvania (as well as Ireland, Scotland etc) had spirits. She had a story of when she first emigrated over at 16, and was babysitting in an apartment block that stood on a former Revolutionary war encampment. She said she could hear the measured footsteps of the night watch pacing outside up and down the sidewalk. That and a few other unexplained things that happened over time firmly convinced her, despite being a staunch Catholic, that we didn't know everything, so who's to say what else we coexisted with.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
tripicana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Anymore Walter stories?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Demons have no choice but to leave under Jesus name. Its just a rule. They shriek and run away into the abys. works every time.

Same reasons impure spirits cry out in pain during deliverance under the presence of the lamb.

I caught Jesus in our basement swapping out our water bottles for wine. I chased him out with a thorny olive branch crown.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:

My Irish grandmother was convinced that a lot of Pennsylvania (as well as Ireland, Scotland etc) had spirits.

spirits are a major part of the scottish economy! Wink

chickensoup - Same reasons impure spirits cry out in pain during deliverance under the presence of the lamb.

I was the same when I was younger, still not keen on roast lamb, worse was mondays when we had to endure the cold left-overs with bubble and squeak!

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Ah. You take it lightly, but it is a serious subject.

I was tormented every night in my sleep for months before Jesus healed me. Demons are real. And so is the living God.

Not looking for a theological debate. If you want to PM feel free tho
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
tripicana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

I live in a 120 year old house, been here almost 10 years. Nothing weird has happened, until about a month ago. Most can be explained, but the thing that started it still has me puzzled. I was in the kitchen, making ramen. I was draining the noodles, spilled the boiling hot water on my hand. I said outloud “Jesus f**king Christ, God da**it!”, and right then a framed picture fell over that was sitting on top of a cabinet. It’s one of those frames with the flip out kick stand, but it fell over forward. Now, not every time, but often enough that I’ve been noticing it, if there are dishes in the sink, you can hear them move. Ok fine, they are just settling, but sometimes it’s just the sound of a fork or spoon dragging across the metal sink.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

You literally just gave legal access to another impure spirit. There is a connection
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

I don't know your daughter's age but as I get older, I hear more things that aren't actually there. I hear motors a lot.
AirHead1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
You literally just gave legal access to another impure spirit. There is a connection

Wait! Impure spirits have a legal code? That wasn’t on the bar exam!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Haunted House? Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:

Just put a circle of salt around yourself and that stops it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: