Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stuartzickefoose a year MIA
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from Stuart Zickefoose in the last year to see how he is doing? Robbie, where did you bury the body?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

He isn’t just alive, he is the luckiest man in the Universe

We chatted yesterday.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
He isn’t just alive, he is the luckiest man in the Universe

We chatted yesterday.

can you share with the rest of us in generic terms how / what he is doing?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

last i knew he ran off to find Jesus. not sure how that is working out (and no i'm not being my usual snarky dickbag self...i'm drop dead serious)

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
last i knew he ran off to find Jesus. not sure how that is working out (and no i'm not being my usual snarky dickbag self...i'm drop dead serious)

I hope it works out well. I have never met the big man face to face but I have seen the light, and as a result I can affirm that there are things out there no man or woman can, or will ever be able to explain.
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:

I hope it works out well. I have never met the big man face to face but I have seen the light, and as a result I can affirm that there are things out there no man or woman can, or will ever be able to explain.

I saw the light, it was green so I drove on
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

The last thing I heard from Stuart was he was working to make enough money to join a SoCal christian camp. Rolling Eyes

Cults now have a tuition, I guess. Laughing

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

KentABQ wrote:

Cults now have a tuition, I guess. Laughing

Brainwashing ain't easy!
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

IDK about him finding Jesus or anything about a Christian camp, but I spoke with him two weeks ago. He’s alive and seemed to be in good spirits...

I’m pretty sure he got fed up with the bull shit on this forum and decided to check out. Kinda like many of the other ex-members have done around here. Even I don’t post much anymore. There are 3 members who know all in this forum and apparently only one who is qualified to work on a bus, no one else is needed. 🙄
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
ccpalmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

Stuart was certainly one to jump right in the water, no toe dangling for him. Just don't want him to drown!
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

I actually texted with him a little bit yesterday, too. I'll say that it seems like life is going pretty well for him and he's happy.

I can say that while I know that for whatever reason a few don't like Stuart, his heart is genuinely to be kind, encouraging, and helpful in whatever way he can. And I much appreciate that about him.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
I actually texted with him a little bit yesterday, too. I'll say that it seems like life is going pretty well for him and he's happy.

I can say that while I know that for whatever reason a few don't like Stuart, his heart is genuinely to be kind, encouraging, and helpful in whatever way he can. And I much appreciate that about him.

❤️❤️❤️I've been both a cult leader and a follower

They both have their benefits

-Creed
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

The VW scene is cult like ( or a serious conspiracy ) in many ways and loaded with icons.

I wish him well in this coming year, his enthusiasm is missed.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:

i have no problem with him (not sure who does)

my only aggravation with the guy is he swore up and down he did a timing belt on a subaru converted vanagon and it didn't jump timing...

guess what...it jumped timing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

so after many p/m's trying to bail him out and his refusal to recheck his work he posted a thread. guess he didn't believe in the Church of Skills.

if i couldn't save him, maybe Jesus can? dunno

beyond that incident i think it's wrong to work on peoples stuff if you don't have a clue, let alone charge for it. it seems he has a good heart and his intentions are good, i can't fault him for that.... but i'm pretty sure i did tell him he needs to slow the fuck down and pay attention if he's going to make it as a mechanic.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Cap10323
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

richparker wrote:

I’m pretty sure he got fed up with the bull shit on this forum and decided to check out. Kinda like many of the other ex-members have done around here. Even I don’t post much anymore. There are 3 members who know all in this forum and apparently only one who is qualified to work on a bus, no one else is needed. 🙄

I suspected this as well after reading some of his threads.

I understand it honestly.

'77 Westfalia - 2.0 F.I
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

Just happy to hear he is Ok and doing well.

When I was about 35 I had trouble with a certain subordinate. I tried everything to appease her - giving her the hours she wanted, putting her in the offices she wanted every time she thought someone had a nicer office than she did, more wages and bonuses etc.. Finally I went to the owner of the company who had known her for a long time. I told the owner that I just could not figure out what I was doing that annoyed her or how to motivate her. The owner said to me, "What makes you think that you are the only one around here who has trouble with her? She can't get along with anyone and never has. It isn't you." The next time she said she was going to quit I encouraged it and got rid of the problem child. There are many folks like her on this forum who whine when someone doesn't agree with them 100%. Stuart is not one of those, he simply wanted people to be his friend, and he needed a mentor. Unfortunately I could not be that person due to other commitments, or I would have offered. I started this thread to be sure he was Ok and not living on the street in these hard times.
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

Last time i went to find Jesus he was between the couch cushions the whole time!

Stuart was a genuinely nice guy and i miss seeing him around here.

What’s That Noise?!?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:

Last time i went to find Jesus he was between the couch cushions the whole time!

I found paradise by the dashboard light, does that count?

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
I started this thread to be sure he was Ok and not living on the street in these hard times.

Stuart is one of the last guys I'd worry about ending up like that, he's too driven and resourceful, and a genuine nice guy, he'd make lemonade out of lemons somehow and find someone to help him if needed. The world could use more enthusiastic optomists like him.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Stuartzickefoose a year MIA Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
SGKent wrote:
I started this thread to be sure he was Ok and not living on the street in these hard times.

Stuart is one of the last guys I'd worry about ending up like that, he's too driven and resourceful, and a genuine nice guy, he'd make lemonade out of lemons somehow and find someone to help him if needed. The world could use more enthusiastic optomists like him.

Agree.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: