Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New)
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcsme2008
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

I created a FaceBook Group to centralize All VW Shows and Events in one central location to maximize participation.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/vwshows

Over the years I noticed some clubs would post their VW events on their own pages or locally. Many of us enthusiast wouldn't find out about the events until after several consecutive years.

Any member can post or share shows and events. If posted properly, it will organize all the posted/shared events in chronological order.

This includes; air cooled and water cooled.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

I don’t do Facebook but here’s my list of 2020 shows for NC, SC, and TN. Some scheduled and some I’m still waiting on dates. I think I have a few not on the Facebook page you can add.

2021 VW Show Schedule

Jan 30. Winter Volksfest. Raleigh, NC
Mar 14. VWs at the Rock. Rockingham, NC
May 16. Farmington Show. Farmington, NC
July 9, 10. VW Drag Night. Neese , SC
July 17, 18. Summer Jam 12. Townsend, TN
Sept 11. Southeastern Eurofest. Rockingham, NC
Oct 17. Farmington Show. Farmington, NC
Sept 18, 19. VWs in the Valley. Maggie Valley, NC

pending:
Circle Your Wagon.....TN
Bug a Palooza............TN
Bug Out......................NC & TN
German Invasion........Shelby NC
Treffpunkt South.........GA
Transporter Fest.........MonkeyNuts
Kubel Treffen East......Thing Show

Thanks for putting this together.

Derrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

casper67beetle wrote:
I created a FaceBook Group to centralize All VW Shows and Events in one central location to maximize participation.

FYI... there's a show forum right here on theSamba.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jcsme2008
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

DerrickfromNC1 and Glenn

I understand your concerns. I created it because most clubs, most event coordinators, and most VW enthusiast are on FaceBook. Most events are posted on FaceBook, but in different website including TheSamba.

The intention is not to force anyone to get a FaceBook account or take anything away from TheSamba. However, TheSamba Show Page and Club Page used to be the main go to place (pre-FaceBook). Just another tool in the tool box.

TheSamba, FaceBook, Instagram, actual websites, etc. are all tools to share information.

Most of your list is already posted. I will research the others.
DerrickfromNC1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

I was only wanting to list a few shows for you or someone else to add to the Facebook page that don’t make the Samba Forum. Examples would be the German Invasion in Shelby, NC & the VWs in the Valley in Maggie Valley, NC.
My understanding of Facebook is that even though I cannot add info to the page I can certainly browse it the view the listings of upcoming shows which I intend to do.
Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
casper67beetle wrote:

I know quite a few people in the VW community that do not use The Samba and rely on FB for their VW info. The FB idea is not a bad one.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
Glenn wrote:
casper67beetle wrote:

I know quite a few people in the VW community that do not use The Samba and rely on FB for their VW info. The FB idea is not a bad one.

What's Facebook?

Oh... this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2417015812

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
casper67beetle wrote:

Not all clubs post their shows on the Samba.......

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
jcsme2008
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

Thank you.

I didn't mean for any animosity. I created it to allow for another avenue to support VW enthusiast.

So far within the first 2 months we are already over 250 member. Both members and coordinators have been posting and sharing shows and events.

I have been contacted personally and received great reviews.
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

I think this is a great idea, and then if someone even put that on the Samba show page that would be great. I had been just using the show forum here but realized I was missing a lot of shows.
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

Facebook is not a good archive of information and has extremely poor search, whereas The Samba is quite the opposite. I guess we need a "The Samba" app so people can keep up with shows at traffic lights?
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

Pretty much.

I access (view & post) TheSamba web page via cell phone quite often with no problem, just matter of getting used to it.

Cheers,

T

MrPolak wrote:
Facebook is not a good archive of information and has extremely poor search, whereas The Samba is quite the opposite. I guess we need a "The Samba" app so people can keep up with shows at traffic lights?

'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

I for one think it's very commendable that casper67beetle is spending the time and trouble to make this facebook page. One more source for information is never a bad thing.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
babysnakes wrote:
Glenn wrote:
casper67beetle wrote:

What's Facebook?

Oh... this: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2417015812

My FB "Join Request" says its "Pending" I cant even remember requesting to join Confused

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

johnnyvw164 wrote:
I for one think it's very commendable that casper67beetle is spending the time and trouble to make this facebook page. One more source for information is never a bad thing.

For me, anyone that tries something new is a total stud. Whether that effort is a gem or a complete and utter dogs arse doesn’t matter. It’s the trying that matters and kudos to those that focus on trying to make things better.
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

I agree above, but I wouldn't call them a stud. Given the Samba's informational Worth and SPECIFIC subject matter for us who participate, then looking at facebook and their censorship & pop-ups, many of us will not use it.

A club page would be attractive to me (on Samba), otherwise it is word of mouth as it's always been. Keeping it Samba will also keep away the undesirables that tend to show-up to sell their wares or cause. You've seen it at least once, the flyers, or the guy who strikes-up a conversation then drops the bomb. They bring down the vibe.

I say throw a few bucks at Samba, or buy a shirt or two every year.
Samba "keeps it Samba" , we should too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

I to think its a helpful tool to add to the collection. Contrary to some.

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

When they see a star with your avatar they’ll know you supported Samba
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

As someone who organizes a VW show, there's nothing wrong with promoting it on every medium available.

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

Come to my show! www.volksjam.com

Looking for badge/sticker/frame from Western Motors in Great Falls, Montana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: All VW Shows and Events Facebook Page (New) Reply with quote

DerrickfromNC1 wrote:
I don’t do Facebook but here’s my list of 2020 shows for NC, SC, and TN. Some scheduled and some I’m still waiting on dates. I think I have a few not on the Facebook page you can add.

2021 VW Show Schedule

Jan 30. Winter Volksfest. Raleigh, NC
Mar 14. VWs at the Rock. Rockingham, NC
May 16. Farmington Show. Farmington, NC
July 9, 10. VW Drag Night. Neese , SC
July 17, 18. Summer Jam 12. Townsend, TN
Sept 11. Southeastern Eurofest. Rockingham, NC
Oct 17. Farmington Show. Farmington, NC
Sept 18, 19. VWs in the Valley. Maggie Valley, NC

pending:
Circle Your Wagon.....TN
Bug a Palooza............TN
Bug Out......................NC & TN
German Invasion........Shelby NC
Treffpunkt South.........GA
Transporter Fest.........MonkeyNuts
Kubel Treffen East......Thing Show

Thanks for putting this together.

Derrick

Since when is the ‘monkeynuts’ show called the Transporterfest??? The Transporterfest is a VW show we have had in Boston since the late 80s. I hope they aren’t thinking of stealing my show name.

www.stanagon.com

My '61 Mango bus thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110367
My '64 vert thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386344
My '71 squareback thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637709
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: