Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Have a Sapphire VIII?
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject: Have a Sapphire VIII? Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to install my Sapphire VIII radio (8-track), and I'm trying to figure out how to handle the stereo output with my single stock speaker (I'm not positive I want to go for the rear speaker). Who else here has a Sapphire VIII (or another period stereo system), and, if so, how did you handle stereo? Unlike radio, with 8-track I believe I'll actually miss Ringo's drums if I only take one speaker... Wink
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Have a Sapphire VIII? Reply with quote

So, I'm trying to install my Sapphire VIII, and I'm having a lot of trouble with the mounting plate. Without an example, I can't seem to fabricate a new one to secure the radio (it's different than the standard mounting plate). Does anyone have a Sapphire VIII in-dash mounting plate I can borrow for a couple weeks so I can 3-D scan it for printing? I will pay for expedited shipping both ways, and I promise you will get it back!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I have a wanted ad on this, but I haven't gotten a response in the 6 months it has been up, so I'm hopeful someone here might be able to help!

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AirHead1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Have a Sapphire VIII? Reply with quote

I can help you with your first question, the one you posted in April, if you still need an answer to that. Can’t help with the mounting plate.
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Have a Sapphire VIII? Reply with quote

AirHead1966 wrote:
I can help you with your first question, the one you posted in April, if you still need an answer to that. Can’t help with the mounting plate.

Sure! I would love to hear a good solution.

My thought was to take
1) one of the speaker lines to my dash speaker and
2) take the other speaker line to a a powered line to rca converter and send it to a bluetooth transmitter (I would have a bluetooth receiver). Or am I overthinking this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I4EF1BC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!!
MonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Have a Sapphire VIII? Reply with quote

Reach out to this guy... his name is Nick.
http://vwradios.com/Home.html

He sold me my 1967 Sapphire VIII few years ago. He went thru mine before he shipped it. Hope this helps.
63 Squareback
Engine rebuild
Trailer rebuild
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Have a Sapphire VIII? Reply with quote

MonT3 wrote:

He sold me my 1967 Sapphire VIII few years ago. He went thru mine before he shipped it. Hope this helps.

Nick restored my Sapphire VIII, too! He seems to be one of the few who do them. Do you happen to have a mounting plate for it?
MonT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Have a Sapphire VIII? Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
MonT3 wrote:

Nick restored my Sapphire VIII, too! He seems to be one of the few who do them. Do you happen to have a mounting plate for it?

No like what you seek.

Mine if an under-dash mount. I made my own parcel tray and mounted my radio to it as the contours of the face plate didn't match area where the squareback radio would mount.
63 Squareback
Engine rebuild
Trailer rebuild
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Have a Sapphire VIII? Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
AirHead1966 wrote:

Sure! I would love to hear a good solution.

My thought was to take
1) one of the speaker lines to my dash speaker and
2) take the other speaker line to a a powered line to rca converter and send it to a bluetooth transmitter (I would have a bluetooth receiver). Or am I overthinking this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I4EF1BC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!!

Buy this speaker...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Have a Sapphire VIII? Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:

Buy this speaker...

That's a good looking speaker. I'm trying to stay stock (as possible), thpugh if I have too much trouble I may go that route. Thanks for posting it!
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Have a Sapphire VIII? Reply with quote

MonT3 wrote:

No like what you seek.

Mine if an under-dash mount. I made my own parcel tray and mounted my radio to it as the contours of the face plate didn't match area where the squareback radio would mount.

That is a nice looking radio, and out of the box solution. Can you make an under the dash version fit in a dash with the right mounting and face plates?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: