Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Will it work?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Will it work? Reply with quote

buguy wrote:
Pruneman99 wrote:
I would guess you will have too high compression ratio with stock heads bored for 94's. Turbo will make the problem worse.

A quick check on the calculator shows 9:1 compression with a 53cc chamber,. 040" deck height, and a 94mm bore. Not bad. Make it .060" deck height and your down to 8.5:1 compression. That's not a terrible place for efi. Especially if you don't go nuts on the boost. Sure new heads would be better, but i wouldn't be afraid to run it like that on stockers for cheap money.

The head chart says 47cc chamber, but also a step. I don't know if the step was factored into the chamber volume, but I thought it was. The OP needs to verify what he actually has for chamber volume.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Will it work? Reply with quote

47 not including step
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Will it work? Reply with quote

Run .100 deck......you have the parts already. That will put you right at 8.8:1...if you can get 52 cc chambers.

Make sure you have a good tune......10 lbs boost.....12.0:1 afr on boost, max of 130 degree IAT's at 20-22 Degrees advance would be a great starting point.
Use Water injection or an intercooler ...or both to keep intake temps down.

Cooler IAT's allow more advance.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
(Now with Water/Alcohol Injection)
Upgraded to MS-2 Extra direct fire wasted spark

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936

Last edited by clonebug on Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Will it work? Reply with quote

Could be? I believe my original heads measured out to 56cc's but i don't remember for sure now.
allamaabroad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Will it work? Reply with quote

buguy wrote:
allamaabroad wrote:
I'm building something very similar, 78.4 x 94, panchitos with CNC 68cc chambers, CB2288 (FK8), 1.4 rockers, TD04-13 turbo.

With stock heads cut to 94, at best you'll have 52cc chambers, which means runing a massive deck height (.105") to get yourself to a useable compression ratio for a turbo.

I would second getting panchitos, the optional 68cc chamber is perfect for this motor as it gives a compression ratio of 8.2-1 with a .040 deck. With B pistons and 5.5 rods you should be perfect.

That will be a killer engine your building. You will be giggling like a schoolgirl when you get into the meat of that boost!!

I should be starting a build thread later this week, just about done with all the dirty work of fabrication so then I can get everything final cleaned and put together...Just waiting on a box from CB any time now

2176 Turbo, CNC Panchitos, Wiseco Pistons, CB 2288, Ultralight Lifters, 1.4 Rockers, Blow Through IDF's w/ Custom Sidewinder Turbo
...all inside a bus

It's not a project unless it has rust
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Will it work? Reply with quote

Hey Lee, your gonna leave a lot of ponies on the bench using that 110 Wink
grab a fk8 and some 1:4's
I'm also in the middle of a 78 stroker build Cool but I opted for 92 thick walls Laughing
'Black Ice'Drag Buggy 1915 'Turbo'
Mid-Engine Dragster 2332 w/IDA's(gone)
'White Out' 76 Drag/Street bug 2276 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 MPH
70 MicroBus 2110 w/40 IDF's
I build my own Motor's & transmission's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Will it work? Reply with quote

do some head work to chambers and ports,ss valves.the pan of Cheetos heads aint a bad idea. get them cnc chambers for the cr you wish it to be.personaly I would go with a lower lift cam&1.34 rockers to save on guide & seat wear.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: