Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon style mirrors
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon style mirrors Reply with quote

SLVRSRFR wrote:
I got a set of these last year as well. I have not installed yet, although I opened the box last night and noticed that they did not come with the mounting bolt.
I got them from vwantigo.net - I checked their site this morning and they are not on there anymore. Looks like Bus Depot still has them though.

The mirrors that Bus Depot is selling as Vanagon Mirrors are not the same as the Brazilian T2 mirrors these days. They could likely be made to work fine though, but would require some drilling and bending of their universal mounting flange. I can't get the Bus Depot search engine to work correctly at present though.
SLVRSRFR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon style mirrors Reply with quote

https://www.busdepot.com/12179
Try this link - these are the ones I got from vwanitgo

'78 westy, '64 sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon style mirrors Reply with quote

SLVRSRFR wrote:
https://www.busdepot.com/12179
Try this link - these are the ones I got from vwanitgo

Thanks
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon style mirrors Reply with quote

ivwshane wrote:
That’s a good question. I have these mirrors but haven’t installed them and I didn’t even think about needing new hardware. Please post your findings if someone else doesn’t.

I just placed an order for a few and if they work, I am happy to send you two for cost plus USPS shipping. They should be here next week.
(sold - but not forgotten)
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon style mirrors Reply with quote

i have always thought of these as brazilian mirrors. is there much of a diff between them?
ivwshane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon style mirrors Reply with quote

BUSBOSS wrote:
ivwshane wrote:
That’s a good question. I have these mirrors but haven’t installed them and I didn’t even think about needing new hardware. Please post your findings if someone else doesn’t.

I just placed an order for a few and if they work, I am happy to send you two for cost plus USPS shipping. They should be here next week.

Thanks! What size did you end up getting?
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon style mirrors Reply with quote

ivwshane wrote:

Thanks! What size did you end up getting?

M16 X 1.5 X 40mm
(sold - but not forgotten)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: