Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Barndoor Registry
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:51 am    Post subject: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

If interested.....
There is a new 2021 version of the Excel Barndoor registry on www.barndoor.dk

Download: http://www.barndoor.dk/Excel_filer/BarnReg_net_17-1-2021.xlsx.zip

or here: http://www.barndoor.dk/BDregister0.html

-Tonny
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52panelvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Thank you Tonny , appreciate you keeping this going and updated.

Instagram - rustykohlruss
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Tell your friends; put a link on your Facebook; please, please, please can people send Tonny their details and update this fantastic resource!!!!!!!
Scotty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Excellent work Tonny, thank you! Very Happy

I'd be curious to know the length of his tip.

http://scottys-stuff.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

busben wrote:
Tell your friends; put a link on your Facebook; please, please, please can people send Tonny their details and update this fantastic resource!!!!!!!

Yes, please Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Thank you, Tonny.
Downloaded it and it works fine with Libre OpenOffice, an open source, free alternative to Microsoft.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Only 8 buses away from 1,000 barndoors registered. Who has one that is not on the list?
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
50 split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Hi Tonny! And thankyou for keeping this up!
I've got a Taxi that is'nt into the registry. How do I do it easiest for you? I've got pictures and bodynumber and exerything else needed.

Best Regards Danne Sweden

#Sawmillcollection

Kübel: 43 (Ho 2022)
type 1: 50, 51 (kabrio), 51, 52(zwitter), 56, 57, 58, 60, 60, 61, 63, 63, 64, 65, 72
type 2: 51, 54 Taxi (H-O 2026), 54, 56, 58, 65 (Fridge van), 67(bay) 68, 68, 70, 70 (Burnt westy), 71 (westy) 72, 73, 73, 75, 96 (Kombi)
type 3: variant 62 (october), 66 fasty: 66 (Teak), 67
Tempo: Matador 50(world´s oldest)
DKW: Schnellast 52, E300 29
Porsche: 356 65
Eriba: Puck 65
Alfredo (tent trailer) 59
Wheel´s and part´s
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andre b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
Only 8 buses away from 1,000 barndoors registered. Who has one that is not on the list?
my 53!
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Tonny’s contact details are on barndoor.dk; but they’re quite well hidden along the bottom of the page if you're on a small screen .......

Mail Tonny your chassis number and a photo or two at:

21a at barndoor.dk.

and let’s get some more old buses on the list Cool
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

busben wrote:
Tonny’s contact details are on barndoor.dk; but they’re quite well hidden along the bottom of the page if you're on a small screen .......

Mail Tonny your chassis number and a photo or two at:

21a at barndoor.dk.

and let’s get some more old buses on the list Cool

Thanks Ben.
Just mail me info and pictures, and I will ad your barndoor to the registry
Trevor P
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Tonny, I sent you an email last summer with details and photos of a friends barndoor panel that was scrapped in the 80's. I don't see it added to the known scrapped BD's link yet in the picture gallery. Did you not get it?
70 911T
91 Westy
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Trevor P wrote:
Tonny, I sent you an email last summer with details and photos of a friends barndoor panel that was scrapped in the 80's. I don't see it added to the known scrapped BD's link yet in the picture gallery. Did you not get it?

last summer we sold our old house and moved into our cottage. So yes, it's probably slipped, sorry.
I actually have your mail Smile
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Updated Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

http://www.barndoor.dk/BDregister0.html

-Tonny
Brian_1952
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Updated Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Tonny_Larsen wrote:

-Tonny

First I would like to say i’m glad to hear that the website will still be around I have probably looked at all the buses on there more than once there is a lot of great information on there very helpful for all the newcomers to the Barndoor world.. I do have one request in the 1952 category there is a picture of a bus which I will post that bus is actually a 53 which was sitting next to my 52 the Vin number that you have under the photo is correct for my bus just not the correct photos I do not know the Vin number of the 53 I am not sure of its whereabouts anymore..
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

As you can see in One of the photo Below the 52 and 53 were side-by-side the photo that I posted of the barn doors on the trailer is the 53 and also a 53 logo panel . Just a quick story so no one gets confused about the Westdale logo bus It did originally come from Canada but not from chips place.(as I know of). on his trip back east he first picked up the Westdale 52 logo panel in New York are but before going into Canada he dropped it off at a storage yard and went into Canada empty then went back to the storage yard and unloaded the 52 Kombi and reloaded the logo panel which then he headed back to California.. then I eventually went to Toledo Ohio and picked up the kombi ..

Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Updated Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Brian_1952 wrote:
Tonny_Larsen wrote:

-Tonny

Does any one have info on this one ?

-Tonny
fod 54 24g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

brian you are correct the vin number under my 53 is not the correct one for the bus.its vin number is 20-058171 and is currently with me in the uk.
vwcooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Just an update to what the westdale looks like now days
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

There is a 2024 version of the Excel Barndoor registry at www.barndoor.dk

Here at: http://www.barndoor.dk/BDregister0.html

-Tonny
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Barndoor Registry Reply with quote

Tonny_Larsen wrote:
There is a 2024 version of the Excel Barndoor registry at www.barndoor.dk

Here at: http://www.barndoor.dk/BDregister0.html

-Tonny

Hello Tonny, as always thank you so much for your efforts in documenting barndoors!! Your website has been so helpful over the years

One note, the 23A kombi you have as 20-035778 is the body number, the vin of the bus is 20-035748 and currently with me here in the USA

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: