Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
iubhounds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

It's not a replica but a tribute to the WWII 82 E Beetle. High ground clearance, truck tires, a Thing front end, IRS in the back with a 1600c engine. You may have seen this at shows or listed for sale on Oldbug.com If living in the Peoria AZ area, you may have seen it on the road. It now risides at 4,600' in the hight desert of Cochise County near the Huachuca Mts. I have had it for only three days and it is a FANTASTIC VW.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

That looks like a really fun ride. Congratulations. Cool
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
iubhounds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

Buggeee wrote:
That looks like a really fun ride. Congratulations. Cool

It is. Definately a different ride with the truck tires and high ground clearance. It has a lot of drivers on the road taking a long look ... more than my 59 single cab.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

very nice! Cool

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

More pics and build specs please.

The original class 11 . Nice ride .
iubhounds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
More pics and build specs please.

The original class 11 . Nice ride .

Thank you. I did not do the build, I bought it this way. The most photos with descriptions would be the great sales ad that I will link. It is no longer pending but its the way that ad shows up when opened. More photos added below.

https://oldbug.com/ddaavvee.htm

Thing adjustable front end
1600cc engine
IRS rear with a 1970 bug transmission
15" wheels
1943 model tail lights made from scratch

calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

Wow!
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

Very nicely done. That's the most impressive 'tribute' I've seen. It must be a blast to drive.
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

Is there any rubbing with the 7x15 tires?

Reading the Old Bug ad write-up this is a really nice bug. Practical camping set up as well, with a cot and canopy. I want to escape with just me and one of the dogs for a weekend of quiet fishing!
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
iubhounds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

Buggeee wrote:
Is there any rubbing with the 7x15 tires?

Reading the Old Bug ad write-up this is a really nice bug. Practical camping set up as well, with a cot and canopy. I want to escape with just me and one of the dogs for a weekend of quiet fishing!

No signs of rubbing on the tires and I didn't hear anything Friday when I was off-road with it. I was in some places that I should have heard something if they did rub. The camping set up is nice to have and I will be trying that out. I have a basset hound, bloodhound and an english bulldog so I might have to take a tent with me. It would be the perfect vehicle for a quiet weekend of fishing.
iubhounds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

René R. wrote:
Very nicely done. That's the most impressive 'tribute' I've seen. It must be a blast to drive.

Thank you. Yes, the builder does a great job with these kinds of modifications on old trashed bug bodies. He had some fine details with the stenciled German words along with some mechanical changes. It looks like I will be able to take it out in some snow on Tuesday. Nothing deep and only getting it because of the elevation we live at here in Arizona. It is definately fun to drive.
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

What an awesome car, I love it!
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
grenadeAcorn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

Sweet congrats
1964 Ford Galaxie 500 FB (this one either)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iubhounds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

I knew when I saw it back online for sale that it would not last long. I called within minutes of it being posted and bought it. I didnt think it would last long. It also has heater boxes that work. I will find out today as I see how far up I can get on Miller Canyon Road, with some snow yesterday at that altitude. Thanks for the responses and congrats.
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

would look great with 16" wheels and "banana" bumpers as per the early 40s!
iubhounds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

sled wrote:
would look great with 16" wheels and "banana" bumpers as per the early 40s!

is that similar to this photo --

finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

that's a type 287 with 4 wheel drive - yes those are the banana bumpers but the wheels are special sand/mud tyres by continental on split rims and the wings were widened to cover them.
this car has the standard 82e type 16" wheel/tyre set-up (and banana bumpers)

imo your wheels/tyres look good, if it were mine I would just fit the banana style over-riders to the euro standard bumpers on the car....

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: A Rosenstiel VW - 57 Oval WWII 82 E Tribute Reply with quote

Love it! My '71 is done in tribute to 82e, with faux split and Desert Sand paint. I was looking for a Notek front light, but not for $500.Aftermarket banana bumpers are pricey also.Pics in
gallery if interested.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: