Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Awesome Powdercoat - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: volkaholic1
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 16, 2021
Nightshift
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Awesome Powdercoat - [email protected] Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
doubledoor64 wrote:
I had a terrible experience with Awesome Powdercoat. I am in this close to $500 and didn't even get a full set of tin. Let alone a quality job.

1..Packaging was terrible, mostly newspaper to package a fan shroud, cylinder tins, as well as front and rear tins.Fan shroud was damaged, 1 cylinder tin was bent.

2..overall powdercoat job was poor at best. Very thin in spots with original black coating showing through (see pics) One piece had a bleed through from some contamination (oil?)

3..I ordered silver and the silver pieces do not match he claims they were done with the same powder but there is an obvious difference.

4..Extremely poor welding done to fix venturi ring to fan shroud.

5. I paid for the rear pulley tin to be modified for a full flow oil return line. The hole was unfinished, had a huge burr and was powdercoated over.

6. I ordered new tin. The front (flywheel side) was a used and very pitted (but powdercoated Rolling Eyes ) piece. I expressed my disappointment about this and his answer was "I typically charge more for original so consider it an upgrade"

Overall communication is slow. He did offer that I could send it back but was never clear if I had to pay shipping. Overall very poor experience.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Similar experience on a customer's build. I told him it was a high dollar build. Paid to have the full flow fitting clearanced and got a giant hole in the tin. Sent the intake manifold so the tins could be trimmed... needed quite a bit of massaging to get them to fit and had to be careful not to crack the powder paint. Next time i'll use the local guy that did my tin and clearance everything myself.

I did sent some back and had to pay shipping.

This is how the tin should be done to clear the fitting.

Completely agree with every said above.
Nightshift
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hector wrote:
I contacted Clark a few months ago and purchased a complete set of engine tins from him. I asked him for a set of tins "Ready" for paint out of the box and gave him the exact width of my engine to avoid any confusion as he requested. When the tins arrived at my door, they were packaged very well however the fan shroud was dented and a mounting screw was broken. (nothing that couldn't be repaired) When I mocked up the cylinder tin, they fit great. I then placed the fan shroud over the cylinder covers but could not get it to line up. I then moved the shroud in different positions, but it just didn't have that tight fit I was looking for. I then had to make modifications of my own to the shroud and cylinder covers to get it to my expectations. I asked Clark to modify the fan shroud to accept a type 4 oil cooler for greater cooling. The modification requires welding by extending the dog house. Although this part of the shroud is not visible when installed, I still expected clean and neat welds. I then installed the breast plate which also required shaving pieces off by the exhaust area. I then contacted Clark again and advised him that I was not happy with his products. He gladly agreed to refund me my money with a 15% restocking fee. I opted to do so because after shipping and the restocking fee, I would be better off keeping the tin. Clark offers great customer service, but lacks attention to detail which I paid for. I could of purchased the same tin from SCAT for a 1/3 of the purchase price from Clark. If your building a show car, I would not recommend Awesome Powdercoat..

I am starting to wonder if he has lost touch with what's important(craftsmanship) and is just in it for the money?
Nightshift
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Awesome Powdercoat - [email protected] Reply with quote

doubledoor64 wrote:
UPDATE:

Clark has been in contact. He offered to redo the job if I paid for shipping. I simply feel I shouldn't have to pay shipping to get the job I paid for. All I wanted was new tin that matched in color. I asked for a discount just so I could deal with getting the stuff recoated locally. He dodged the question. Also he has a claim in with fedex for the damaged shroud. Should I have to wait for him to be reimbursed? Or should he send out a shroud to take care of me and wait to be reimbursed. IMO it's not my fault his packing job was poor.

I would not expect much from Clark. My shop has a big banner that says "Professional's Take Pride In Their Work" He may be missing a sign. Laughing
Raymond73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Awesome Powdercoat - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a Hoover bit from Clark. It's a nice piece and fits perfectly on the oil cooler. Arrived quickly too. Not much else to say besides thanks for keeping these available.
Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Awesome Powdercoat - [email protected] Reply with quote

A shoutout to Clark and Awesome Powder Coat.
I brought my tins to him to refinish, They were in less than stellar condition. Old rattle can paint needed stripping and many random holes brazed and smoothed. They turned out great!
Here's an few finished pieces. Thanks Clark!

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of Stupidity.
"Rick Rigsby"
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Awesome Powdercoat - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a couple of Clark's hoover bits. They are beautiful. Came very fast too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: