Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Cip1.com
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2024
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

tommu wrote:
Routine reminder not to trust anything from CIP1.

OE to most people means, or should mean, as close to OEM quality as possible. To CIP1 it means cheapest part possible sourced from China.

Inaccurate statement. Yeah, they have some cheap stuff, but so does everyone else. They also have some of the best parts available. I spent about $8K with them last year and probably similar amounts over the last couple years. Rarely have an issue. And they usually warn you about the lower quality parts if you choose to use them...
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Igpoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I have praised CIP1 when they have deserved it. For me,in southern Va., their shipping time is remarkable. They sold me some nice parts that fit well usually.
But if the hub caps they sold me don't fit the wheels they sold me, they should make changes in my humble opinion. If you must be a gorilla to put the caps on, then you should expect to put dents in them? And why would a sane person buy a tailight assembly for a 73 Super that should have 4 bulbs in it, be happy with assemblies sent to them by CIP1 that have only sockets for 3 bulbs. I told them by email they wouldn't work for me. Their reply was an explanation of how to make them work! I then emailed them that I was done with CIP1, to which they replied "perfect" If they had advertised their taillights as having only 3 sockets instead of 4 I'd never order them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hobug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Ordered a wheel and lug nuts on Wednesday and it showed up on Friday! Nice wheel and FAST shipping!
72 Super
63 Bug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Igpoe wrote:
And why would a sane person buy a tailight assembly for a 73 Super that should have 4 bulbs in it, be happy with assemblies sent to them by CIP1 that have only sockets for 3 bulbs.
Tail lights that take 4 bulbs haven't been available for many decades. You can either hunt for good used or upgrade to the European 3 bulb style they sell. Most people don't care about the number of bulbs.
gimmesomeshelter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I recently purchased a set of German rear brake drums for my '57 bug. The good news is that is that I didn't have to pay for shipping or sales tax. The less good news is that the drums just went on sale $30 less than I paid. I paid $180/each and they're now on sale for $150/each. I contacted CIP1, and they told me they only issue refunds if the item goes on sale within 24 hours of my order.

On the one hand, I paid less for my drums than I would have if I had ordered them from WW, but on other other, being told to "go pound sand" still bothers me. I should have just bought them from WW.

Cheers,

Paul

Richard Feynman
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

So based on generally good reports on CIP1, I placed an order with them 2 days ago. I got the shipping confirmation today...via DHL from British Columbia? Great, I have enough problems getting stuff from within the US...

Hopefully I'm wrong...but honestly if I had known they were shipping from Canada, I would not have placed an order with them. Has anyone else gotten orders with them shipped from Canada recently? I would like to know how their experience was.
Igpoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I've ordered their parts and had them ship to me from Canada far faster, half the time at least, than from California. I got my smoothies from B.C. in two days and I'm in Southern Virginia, only a mile from NC!
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Well, that does make me feel better! Smile
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Well, I'm happy to report that I received the shipment today. In my mind, that is outstanding! Only 2 days from order to shipment, and 2 days in transit. I have had some bad experiences in the past with DHL, which is what got my panties in a twist. And they responded very quickly to my concerns about this, which is a lot more than I can say for some vendors I have used recently.

I will definitely be using them again! Very Happy
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Second order with these folks, ordered Sunday, arrived Wednesday. Outstanding!
kinzebac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Love to order from these guys. Their shipping is always incredibly fast.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Heads up on Engle lifters from cip1. The stock or aftermarket pushrods don't fit inside the cup all the way. The lifters need to be machined. Same problem with scat lifters also. Must be same company making both lifters in China.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

So burned out on Crappy Import Parts Rolling Eyes I'm trying to return the second defective empi head I've gotten from them in the last couple years and Daniel Chow is giving me the run around. Damn empi forgot to grind the intake seats on this piece of crap! Chow asked for pic of the head leaking, on the car, so he could see what was wrong. It's fucking AIR, you can't see it leak! Then he said he would have to get a return authorization from empi and I would have to wait. Crappy Import Parts sold me the piece of junk, they should take it back! After talking to another "customer service" rep we found out the heads are out of stock Rolling Eyes they would call empi and see if they could ship one out, call me right back, that day they said. A week later I'm still sitting here with a motor spread all over the shop and a pissed off baja bug owner. Thanks CIP.
volksaddict
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

They must read this forum got a reply right after I posted.
So now I get to send the head to empi - at my expense - so they can inspect it. Rolling Eyes CIP sells me the defective head and tells me to send it to their supplier. Now that's some customer service!
I did a lot of business with them for a lot of years. Glad to know how much they value their customers... Mad
thetravman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

johnnyvw164 wrote:
So based on generally good reports on CIP1, I placed an order with them 2 days ago. I got the shipping confirmation today...via DHL from British Columbia? Great, I have enough problems getting stuff from within the US...

Hopefully I'm wrong...but honestly if I had known they were shipping from Canada, I would not have placed an order with them. Has anyone else gotten orders with them shipped from Canada recently? I would like to know how their experience was.

I just ordered a part on the 20th January. They said it would take until the first of February. Far slower than the 5-7 days I paid for. But the part was cheaper than most other vendors. I will post when it gets here. It's already in my county being sorted as of this writing so maybe it'll come early. Recent stimulus checks could be clogging up the works. 🤔
thetravman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Had to double post to get to the update. The window regulator (Brazil origin, German distributor) came today. It was double boxed to prevent bending on it's transit from B.C . to Southern California. They beat their own date by six days. It was a great value at 49.98 shipped. So cheers to cip1 for providing this notorious part with a very reasonable ship time.

andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Shipping estimate times - FYI... I buy a lot from them (1 to 5 orders monthly) and when you get the initial tracking time. particularly if it's DHL, it shows way longer that it really is. I am east coast, so usually within a day or so, it will show departing from Cincinatti and I usually have it next day.

And they have been really striving to ship same day, so if you are a bonehead like me and forget something, its hard to add on later that day. Isn't that ironic? grumbling because it ships to fast... Laughing

And really surprised on the head issue that the earlier poster had. The only issue that I ever really had was an improperly piece of TMI carpet, and I was at the mercy of TMI till they did another run of that part.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cesar1974hernandez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Been buying parts from them for 15 years. Never had an issue until I requested a return label for the wrong part sent. I placed and order for a cosmic wheel and when I checked the order I realized I picked the wrong lug patterned I then sent and email asking for a change and sent a email. I had Wade call me and he asked what pattern do u need I said I need a Porsche pattern he then proceeds to tell me. I’m glad we caught it and I’ll send u the PP. I received the wrong part. So I called and had and email Sent by Steve S. To call him I did what a mistake he started to third degree me about the emails I sent. I told him I called and explained to the person on the phone Wade what he said Ok. And send me the same product after going back and forth with Steve S shit for brains he passed the phone over to Gary he told me to pay for return shipping and then told me to use the wheel as a clock. This scumbag has the nuts to insult him customers and not resolve the issue. I’ll never order from you and I’m going to place reviews to let them know. What scum bags u are.
It’s funny how when the rubber meets the road this AH only want your money

Stay away !!!
Air cooled fan
CIP1 Employee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I would call and ask for the owner if your not satisfied with the Sales Managers ( Gary ) decision , CIP1 is always fair and they exceed customer’s expectations. If you ordered a part that was wrong , the return process is easy and painless and fast . But after reading your post I doubt they will want to help you especially after what you have said about them and the name calling . Name calling gets people nowhere...... Give it a try , There is no better company in this industry, we are all lucky to have them supplying quality Vintage VW parts ...... Happy motoring !,
cesar1974hernandez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Air cooled fan
I asked Gary for the name of the owner he said his name was Chris and I asked what’s his email he refused. He said I ain’t giving to you because I don’t want u to bug him. Now you see you have no clue what your talking about. As I can appreciate your defense of them. You should read and not type your opinion when you were not in my shoes. They are rude, condescending and disrespectful
Now this is my experience and others need to know. This company is awful after the point of Sale. Then I find out the owner President is Steve Standridge
This guys are a joke. Good luck trying to return something
The funny thing is Wade took my order and I asked specifically for Porsche Pattern. They refused to send me a label.
If you weren’t involved in this transaction butt the hell out
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Page 27 of 33

Jump to: