Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

importing Split window bus from Brazil to California
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
zonnie2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: importing Split window bus from Brazil to California Reply with quote

Hi
Does anyone in Brazil (or anywhere) know where I can get a letter from VW of Brazil that the 1973 split window was built to US Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Motor Vehicle standards (FMVSS). I have purchased and shipped one to California and, as can be anticipated, I am having a challenge getting it registered.

Thank you
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: importing Split window bus from Brazil to California Reply with quote

zonnie2 wrote:
Hi
Does anyone in Brazil (or anywhere) know where I can get a letter from VW of Brazil that the 1973 split window was built to US Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Motor Vehicle standards (FMVSS). I have purchased and shipped one to California and, as can be anticipated, I am having a challenge getting it registered.

Thank you

It wasn't as it may not have seat belts, California emissions.

Good Read.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=752842&highlight=california

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: