Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you build today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

thats a bit far for me to go just to slap some moron....and nowdays it's extremely acceptable to be a effing moron...and apparently encouraged.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

I use the Remote Slap App....a hand jumps out of your device and does the deed
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

I didn't "build" but i did run over 300' of Cat 6 wire from one end of my synagogue to the other for both voice and data to the new cantor's office and for the PC that runs our webcast.

Damn, I hate drop ceiling tiles. They always have crap on top of them so you get filthy and the fiberglass just makes my arms itch.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

A chair

https://www.reddit.com/r/woodworking/comments/kz7n...ling_with/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

Installed an aluminum radiator in a Lincoln mark V. Had to cut/weld the mounts of course, to make it fit. Typical aftermarket stuff, nothing fits. But I remember when aluminum radiators were big money, now $150 off eBay and only 30 minutes of modifications
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
I didn't "build" but i did run over 300' of Cat 6 wire from one end of my synagogue to the other for both voice and data to the new cantor's office and for the PC that runs our webcast.

Damn, I hate drop ceiling tiles. They always have crap on top of them so you get filthy and the fiberglass just makes my arms itch.

If you dust your arms with cornstarch before it helps stop the itchies.
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I made a battery tray for my Ghia. I also made the inner cross member support that runs underneath it, installed an aftermarket inner bumper fastening panel.

Really gave structural integrity back to that corner of the car. I only made what I needed to, wasn’t interested in making the whole tray. Also shied away from adding the inner detail to the battery area, I didn’t want to ruin my panel by pressing my luck. It’s not 100% perfect, but great driver quality for a resto custom Ghia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

Very nice work and a beautiful Ghia!

But please dignify it with a coat of real paint, it looks like the body is straight enough to...
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

It was bare metal stripped inside and out... all nooks and crannies, body off. Then I 2k primed it and shot inside/ underneath with single stage enamel, then undercoated it with bed liner spray. I do want to continue the actual paint job eventually... just not on the priority list.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

Since I had so much success with wheel widening, I decided to have fun with another pair of VW wheels & make a waste oil heater out of a pair of Passat spare wheels. First up is to plug up all them holes.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

Before I put the finishing touches on it, I drug it outside & fired it up to see what needed tweaking & where.

I still need to make some legs for it, increase the flue size, install the drip feed, attach the door, make a latch for it, & pass some pipe through it for additional heat exchange.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

go man go, looking good. love innovation.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

What did I build today? I’m certainly not the originator of this crude accessory item although I did take the more subtle approach. I had almost all the material on hand so cost was minimal, even the two key pieces came from a junk pile. The main wire is stainless plastic coated. Secondary wire is stainless X2 and a safety chain back up. We used all stainless fasteners double nutted( no pun intended) and Loctite. It could be viewed as an exercise in bad judgement and this falling off at speed could be dangerous. Don’t try this at home, I’ll probably be taking this off soon. I had planned to put these on the wife’s Toyota Prius but upon inspection it would have been difficult because the whole lower side is plastic covered with nowhere to install any weight bearing device. Sad as they would have looked much better I thought.

*edit* one day later I took a look at this and removed it
Open this link and you see the commercial side of this accessory but please don’t get all offended. You were warned. https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=...&dpr=2

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
supercub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

It was windy and I didn't have anything important to do, so I built a kite for the first time in probably 25 years. It's made from sticks, paper, tape, and string. My dad showed me how to build them when I was a kid. It actually flew pretty darn well. After about 45 minutes the paper got too beat up and it wouldn't fly right anymore. It was a lot of fun in a ridiculous sort of way.

Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

I built this out of spare parts. I sourced an original early 60s 26 inch frame and chain guard. Found a used springer front end. Found a used 2 speed kickback rear hub and wheel, correct front wheel,correct bow pedals. Handle bars and grips are from a mid 60s Schwinn exercise bike.

The original wheels are proprietary size 26 by inch and three quarter and only the chinese make a tire to fit now. The seat isn’t right but it’s new. The fenders came from something else. Mix it all together and you’ve got a cruiser Very Happy

1969 was last year for the Bendix 2 speed and they came in two other gear ratios, yellow band and Blue band. Then the variation of 24 or 36 spoke count. Finally a rare third variation with larger diameter holes to accommodate thicker spokes found on heavy duty or tandem bikes.

As you can imagine parts are getting harder to find.
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

wooden latch for my bathroom door. I do plan to sink the screws in and plug the holes with wood. This is made of Cherry and Oak wood.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

Bride Of Articulation.
An Articulated figure (scarecrow) for the garden.

My bride is an avid gardener and has quite the vision.
She found some plans and asked me to make it for her.

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

Slapped together a 'Cat Tower' Laughing

76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

xoo00oox wrote:

wooden latch for my bathroom door. I do plan to sink the screws in and plug the holes with wood. This is made of Cherry and Oak wood.
nice work, I like to use nice ceder, smells good,works easy and I buy it in 6"x6' pertty cheep when the stors have it ,ceder fence pickets, same size as the same ceder they sell for trim work & what ever but about 1/3 price. probabaly be good for the shit house door, bugs dont like it.. I trimed out my last 2 story building with it about 3 years ago.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: What did you build today? Reply with quote

I got stupid and tried to bend a cable end for my roadster top...I then had to make a billet aluminum end for that cable end that I broke. wtf would they make a formed cable end out of pot metal for? wtf?? and they put the rong shape cable end on it too. it should of been a "S" shaped end not a 90 degree end that bends and lets if pop off,it has plastic clip but those break because it is nolonger 90 degrees witch causes it to pull out and break the plactic clip& eff up other parts. so now it has billet end and firmly attached. but still not a "S" shaped end like it should of had witch is no slip, no clip, easy on&off, easy to make and used on many automotive things/cables/linkages. you cant fix stupid...or a engineer,.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: