Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 473, 474, 475 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

blacka1vw wrote:
Kirk wrote:
blacka1vw wrote:
Kirk wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2443422

$12,000? For a no motor dirty project? Thats where we are now? Maaaaaaaaan cmon now.

It does come with a flower sticker and half a phish sticker too. Wink

Does that add, or subtract value?

Well in this case I’d say it subtracts value. Shocked Got a picture of the sticker but not the dog legs or the floor. Either lazy or hiding worse things. Seller probably says “too busy to take any more pictures people are coming to look at it every day just bring money and a trailer!” I’m glad the P/O of my bus was an honest guy that took lots of pictures. Wink

Haha!

Well he tried to be anyway. Bad bus karma is bad karma indeed.

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Its a AW with a Westy Z-bed and closet." Never get outta this maze" learn to live with it set up.
brando90gl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Surprisingly this one hasn’t been discussed yet? I looked back through this thread to make sure, couldn’t find any chat on this sc.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2426186

I went to take a look at it a couple days ago. After requesting specific extra pics and asking of rust and rot, I thought I’d gotten an honest answer in the replies. Nope. I’m not going to say I drove 6 hours for nothing.......wait, yes I am.

I could tell there was issues with that spray in bed liner, but had no idea exactly how bad it was. It’s lifting and very wet underneath, bed will need lots of attention. Still adhered to the gates, but they’re in very rough shape. Raining rust can be heard when they’re opened and closed. Aluminum angle iron scabbed across the top of all or them. 2 1/2” or so hole cut in above engine area for some reason, couldn’t figure that one out? Of course it’s sprayed with some sort of undercarriage coating that is very thick, just globed on, however looks sorta ok underneath. Very hard to tell, since I didn’t want to poke the kid’s truck with a screwdriver, afraid I’d uncover other issues not disclosed.

Didn’t look to bad from the pics he’d sent of under the front mat, but when I looked, it was soaking wet under it and on its way to rusting through. Bummer.

Pass side tc.....can’t get it open with key. Can barley open the driver side. Pin holes in floor under there and some surface rust, not too terrible.

Rebuilt engine! Hahaha....he had a receipt for a new Napa clutch kit. Said it would run but not very well because the rebuilder put a used carb on it. I asked how the trans shifted, he stumbled quite a bit claiming he wasn’t that good at driving it.

I honestly was turned off in the first two minutes and didn’t even ask to drive it.

I continued my inspection and made an offer. That’s when the bank holding the title came into the discussion. Poor kid. Just wish he’d been upfront in the ad. Sure looks like a million bucks in the ad pics. 😄

I made an offer. He claimed a few from “up north” on the Samba were interested and made offers higher than mine sight unseen. I told him he should probably consider those. Whomever that is, feel free to message me, I’ve seen the light. 😂

Local buddy that’s also here on the forum recognized more issues than I did the day before I went to see it, should have listened and just made an offer over the phone.

Maybe if the logo read, “Loose Lucy’s Flower Truck” I’d have offered a bit more. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Nice looking Singlecab !!! To bad for him YOU told the truth about the truck, you probably saved a few folks some pain in driving there to look at it, or worse yet, bought it sight unseen.
I noticed no pics of pass. side, or engine. I'd like to ask for pics of BOTH TT doors open, or receipt for the engine rebuild, better pics of the gates.... Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
brando90gl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

crukab wrote:

Nice looking Singlecab !!! To bad for him YOU told the truth about the truck, you probably saved a few folks some pain in driving there to look at it, or worse yet, bought it sight unseen.
I noticed no pics of pass. side, or engine. I'd like to ask for pics of BOTH TT doors open, or receipt for the engine rebuild, better pics of the gates.... Laughing

Yep. It does look the part in the ad that one might be ok buying sight unseen. They’d be terribly let down when the truck unloaded it.

Def not 36K miles either. Judging by the caked on mess around the trans....

I explained to him that it would be best for him to be honest in the ad. No changes made yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

brando90gl wrote:
crukab wrote:

Yep. It does look the part in the ad that one might be ok buying sight unseen. They’d be terribly let down when the truck unloaded it.

I explained to him that it would be best for him to be honest in the ad. No changes made yet.

I remember the ad a couple months back asing like 52k for that bus. Maybe this guy bought it from the flower lady. Thats what I remember is that the flower lady was selling the bus and business for some stupid price?

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
brando90gl wrote:
crukab wrote:

I remember the ad a couple months back asing like 52k for that bus. Maybe this guy bought it from the flower lady. Thats what I remember is that the flower lady was selling the bus and business for some stupid price?

There was a Split Singlecab & Flower Biz for sale not too long ago.

That Single reminds of this Dc:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2449573

Price started @ $24K ?, now @ $15K, maybe close to what he paid for it ??

You can see the metal strips on the Single's gates in the pics, can't see the whole in the bed to well from the angle the pic was shot at.... No real flags in the pics other wise. Couldn't drive the stick, so trans condition unknown ?? WTF ? Rolling Eyes

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
brando90gl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
brando90gl wrote:
crukab wrote:

This is the flower lady’s husband. I got the whole story on the biz that didn’t make it, but forgot on the way home. Very Happy
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

brando90gl wrote:
Surprisingly this one hasn’t been discussed yet? I looked back through this thread to make sure, couldn’t find any chat on this sc.

soooo, ad is deactivated. did someone buy it and make it their delight? Think
brando90gl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
brando90gl wrote:

soooo, ad is deactivated. did someone buy it and make it their delight? Think

Sorry, been busy peeling spray on bed liner off a truck, didn’t see this till now.

I’d heard you bought it, Jon? At least your kids were spotted in West Asheville yesterday evening inside the treasure chest fixing the passenger side lock?? 😁
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

My first reaction at seeing this...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2178297

...was Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

But then I read the work that was done to it during restoration,
I can see this one being worth the asking price.

To someone.

Other than me. Smile

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2449782
1971 Westfalia Campmobile Complete, Correct Resto Price: $59,950

barely went past $40K on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-/293963432302

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Angus II
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Hello,
Well, if the sinks water tank had the correct filler cap and a venting tube on it. Someone would have paid more..... I am sure of it.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Another one with that crazy jacked up stance, what is it with white shiny auction campers lately?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Another one with that crazy jacked up stance, what is it with white shiny auction campers lately?

They didn't realize adjusting the rear suspension—even with all the proper measuring tools and correct procedure—takes AT LEAST two tries to get it perfect. So they did it once, and said "DONE".
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

'78 Westy with dual carbs.... AND current CA title?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2450643

Think Think Think Think Think ThinkThink Think Think Think Think Think

At least he was smart enough to not show the license plate in the ad.

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
---WildIdea

Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

KentABQ wrote:

So what's the beef? That's a clean camper. Needs more pics of the back, but if it looks like the front it's legit. Prolly wont get the 35, but might come close.
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
KentABQ wrote:

So what's the beef? That's a clean camper. Needs more pics of the back, but if it looks like the front it's legit. Prolly wont get the 35, but might come close.

I agree it's a beautiful Westy.

But the 1978 would have come with FI. So to get it smogged in CA with dual carbs, the seller must have gone to great expense to get it passed at a shady testing facility.

When I bought mine in SoCal four years ago, a "friend-of-a-friend" offered to get my 1976 (with dual carbs) to pass smog for a mere $350.
But I chose to go thru the trouble and expense to switch it back to FI.

Hopefully whoever buys that Westy lives in a state that doesn't require it to pass smog.
Like New Mexico! Cool

---WildIdea

brando90gl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

Just wondering if this was used in any of the recent elections?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2391862
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official Bay whine about parts and vehicles for sale Reply with quote

hahahahaa

-no-

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2454642

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 473, 474, 475 ... 488, 489, 490  Next
Jump to:
Page 474 of 490

Jump to: