Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Saveiro spotted in CA
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Pruneman99 wrote:
That VW pickup is a nice looking truck. I've seen one or two driving around. Definitely popular south of the border. Not uncommon to see vehicles sold in Mexico and not in the US as people visit the States.

Even American car manufacturers have vehicles that they sell in other countries but not in the US.

Oh ya! South America is full of Ford Rangers and Chevy S10s all diesels that we saw. I'm thinking as I saw them "What the heck? Do we have leprosy or what that these nice little trucks were never offered to us?" 90% of North American pickup owners could do everything they now do with these!

Amen and Amen, I wish ford and chevy would bring something back along the lines of a Ranchero/El Camino again.... love my 87 elky... but i dont want to use it as a truck anymore.

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

We have a guy that comes up from Mexico to work on one of our machines in one of those VW trucks, they do look pretty cool. I was watching a car show based in Australia and the have a very cool looking Ford truck that has a ranchero/el Camino look and very modern.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

lonotch wrote:
We have a guy that comes up from Mexico to work on one of our machines in one of those VW trucks, they do look pretty cool. I was watching a car show based in Australia and the have a very cool looking Ford truck that has a ranchero/el Camino look and very modern.

Do you mean this UTE?
http://fordnewmodels.com/new-ford-ranchero-2018-price/

Looks like the Holden UET ended in 2018. Too bad! I really like the styling.
https://2020truck.com/2018-holden-ute/

Pontiac was gonna bring back the El Camino in 2010.
https://www.drivingline.com/articles/2010-pontiac-g8-sport-truck-the-modern-el-camino-we-almost-got/
Another car brand that got sacked in 2009.
I had a G8 that it was based on. That car was one mean ass machine.[/url]

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

I'm a little fed up with companies that dictate to me what I want to buy. It's not just the automotive industry, it's a general attitude the the customer has no idea what is good for him so stuff this down his throat when he comes in because that's what we want to sell not what he wants.

I want a plane simple economy car without a lot of fluff and lipstick. They are just not available for sale anymore at the dealers and I refuse to believe that the public doesn't want that. I talk to people too you know... I'm not the only one!

Yes I would buy a little VW pickup in a heart beat if they were to bring them in!
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
lonotch wrote:

Do you mean this UTE?
http://fordnewmodels.com/new-ford-ranchero-2018-price/

Looks like the Holden UET ended in 2018. Too bad! I really like the styling.
https://2020truck.com/2018-holden-ute/

Pontiac was gonna bring back the El Camino in 2010.
https://www.drivingline.com/articles/2010-pontiac-g8-sport-truck-the-modern-el-camino-we-almost-got/
Another car brand that got sacked in 2009.
I had a G8 that it was based on. That car was one mean ass machine.[/url]

Iirc, it looked like the Holden with that back side glass, but definitely had a Ford badge on it.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
I'm a little fed up with companies that dictate to me what I want to buy. It's not just the automotive industry, it's a general attitude the the customer has no idea what is good for him so stuff this down his throat when he comes in because that's what we want to sell not what he wants.

I want a plane simple economy car without a lot of fluff and lipstick. They are just not available for sale anymore at the dealers and I refuse to believe that the public doesn't want that. I talk to people too you know... I'm not the only one!

Yes I would buy a little VW pickup in a heart beat if they were to bring them in!

Sorry that's not going to happen, and it's not the companies fault, or the government's.
The rest of the United States want's to drive around in SUVs.
VW spent years not selling cars in the US because the German's insisted they knew better than the American Consumer.
VW is just about ready to drop 2 more SUVs on the American Market this year.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: VW Saveiro spotted in CA Reply with quote

In this market people buy what the advertisements tell them to buy based mostly on "one upping" the Jones's. Car manufacturers are also not going to push economy cars because the profit margin per car is lower. It works here because people in North America have more money than brains. In other parts of the world financial necessity enhances common sense and that marketing strategy is not nearly as effective. They enjoy some pretty sweet economy cars that we don't even know exist.

Put the blame where it makes you feel good but the fact of the matter is that governments and manufactures are just as much to blame as the consumers for our lack of choice in the market. The bare fact is that no one needs 4 tones of gas guzzling 4X4 to ferry one person 8 blocks to work and back. Then complain bitterly about air quality and expect someone else to fix it! We are our own worst enemy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: