Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ghia wire harness rubber question 1963
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Big Mike Cbad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Ghia wire harness rubber question 1963 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Question about this small rubber boot in the passenger lower front fender area behind the splash guard where the wire harness comes out of the tube in the heater channel and runs up the fender behind the splash guard and into the front trunk area. Didn't see this rubber noted in the Ghia diagrams and have not seen it in any parts list for my car. Any idea where to find it and if there is a part number for it that I can't find? It's for a 63 Ghia vert and I'm running a new wire harness for it. Found all the other grommets, but can't seem to find this small rubber boot. Appreciate any help you can provide.
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wire harness rubber question 1963 Reply with quote

The part number is 141 971 909
You will find it in the 58 low light parts book page 139 item 41
Grommet lower main harness

I looked at the more exotic supplier and none of them had it. It is a hard to find Ghia only part. I’d perfer to be wrong about that
Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Big Mike Cbad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia wire harness rubber question 1963 Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the info. It's amazing the level of detail you know about these cars, very impressive. Really appreciate it.
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia wire harness rubber question 1963 Reply with quote

You're not the only person looking for them..
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2427346
You should contact Tylon and exchange notes on the topic
Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Big Mike Cbad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wire harness rubber question 1963 Reply with quote

Will do, thank you. I did search all over the internet with no luck. You were correct it is hard to find.
St_Rand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wire harness rubber question 1963 Reply with quote

I am also looking for this part. I have my old one, but it is nearly falling apart.
St_Rand
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wire harness rubber question 1963 Reply with quote

I am also looking for this part. I have my old one, but it is nearly falling apart. Any updates if anyone has found a source?
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia wire harness rubber question 1963 Reply with quote

is there anything here similar?
https://www.steelerubber.com/marine/grommets-plugs-bumpers?p=3
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
runamoc Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia wire harness rubber question 1963 Reply with quote

Quote:
anything here similar

Forgot the metal hole diameter but these go up to 1" (25mm) just make your own inside hole.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223617273753?epid=1503903...BMwIuLqOpg
VW Wiring = It's just wires
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: