Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VW-Drew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors? Reply with quote

Hey all.

I'm looking for any companies that build custom camper interiors. I found OCWesty on Instagram, but they are backed up 6 months, plus I am in NY. There are a couple in the UK, but there are issues with shipping...

Does anyone know of anyone or and company that fabricates camper interiors?

I'm looking for a full width zbed, a jump seat and a singly cabinet.

Ideally located somewhere near NYC/New England.

Much appreciated.

63 Camper, 73 Bus, 77 Camper (Green), 77 Camper Automatic (Mustard), 83 Vanagon

(Former Samba user from a while back. Can't remember the email I used / username, etc)
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors? Reply with quote

for a vw, or other vehicle?
A zbed is a hinge setup that makes a factory bench seat into a kinda bed. not comfortable.
a rock and roll bed is a bench that folds into a bed. so is a westie bench or wetstie bed.

I know sportsmobile makes stuff still. Spendy.
VW-Drew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors? Reply with quote

Sorry for not being more specific. This is for a 75 bay window bus, and the rock n roll bed that converts from a seat to a bed.

(Former Samba user from a while back. Can't remember the email I used / username, etc)
Convoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors? Reply with quote

Not sure if they sell kits to the public, though their interior restoration appears to have the same platform/template. A tad far from you but anyways here is the link https://www.vdubclassics.com/
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors? Reply with quote

maybe a cabinet shop in your local area can fab the cabinets you want.

you can order the Bay bus sofa/bed brackets and instructions from Busdepot just over in Eastern PA
https://www.busdepot.com/98553

Quote:
Rear Sofabed Kit
For putting Westfalia style Rear Sofa bed in non-camper. Includes metal brackets/components, and instructions for using your own wood/foam/upholstery to build a rock and roll bed.
Part Reference Number 98553
Availability: Usually ships in 1-3 working days (sooner if Expedited/Express shipping is chosen)
$109.95

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors? Reply with quote

stay away from the tube frame R&R bed that folks here say is garbage i will look for link..
edit https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=705754&highlight=rock++roll
VW-Drew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors? Reply with quote

Oh man, I bought one of them and it was the worst. CIP1 actually refunded the total cost to me though. I was so relieved to not have been stuck with it.

I've ordered (a much better version) from Rusty Lee in the UK. They are 5-6 weeks out currently...

alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors? Reply with quote

VW-Drew wrote:
Oh man, I bought one of them and it was the worst. CIP1 actually refunded the total cost to me though. I was so relieved to not have been stuck with it.

I've ordered (a much better version) from Rusty Lee in the UK. They are 5-6 weeks out currently...

glad they took it back!
My absolute favorite thing about being a member here is just running a pre-purchace thought, or a plan of attack, past the members here. There really is nothing that has not been done before documented somewhere here.
Convoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors? Reply with quote

Upon further research based on the OP's intent to find cabinets specifically made for Bays I stumbled upon this site... though even further than my previous lead.
https://lowdvans.com/
BUSBOSS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone or any company who makes camper interiors? Reply with quote

VW-Drew wrote:
Oh man, I bought one of them and it was the worst. CIP1 actually refunded the total cost to me though. I was so relieved to not have been stuck with it. .

CIP1 - enough said. Stay away!
(sold - but not forgotten)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: