Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

67ctbug wrote:
Harry Marlin, I posted the picture of the red covers on Facebook. Those were from Wolfsburg West.

Ha - that was you! It's so interesting trying to connect Facebook and The Samba usernames. Hey - I hear Jos loves Super Beetles! Wink

BTW, in case anyone is interested in info from the source - Sean Tunstill at Wolfsburg West sent me the following picture of their 67 TMI seats. I'm excited! I know WCCR is quality, but this seems closer to original. He said, "The seat knob holes are NOT precut into the covers"

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WoodyUK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Hi all, have just bought my first bug in 20+ years
Yukon yellow Vert, far from stock, collect next month.
From the vin tag can you confirm the build month...
Can I still apply for a 'birth cert' from the. museum? If so, will I find a link here somewhere please.
Pics to follow...
Thanks in advance from the UK.
swharris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

gregklaus wrote:
#187 on the registry. Just completed a 10+ year everything off restoration/resurrection. I had an original 67 vert passed down from my father that was stolen in 1989. Went out and bought a new one 11 years ago and turns out someone had completely transformed it into a 68+: engine, doors, seats, fenders, wheels/brakes/axels, roof, the list was endless. Damage everywhere and shoddy repairs throughout, it was held together by rust. Fully restored to a stock 67 with many original, genuine VW parts including the fender, bumpers/bumper guards, front seat belts, roof latches, roof frame, seats, lights, gas tank. All hoses, rubber and inner guts were replaced. Engine rebuilt on a 67 engine block. Everything is fully operational like the day it was driven off the car lot.

Congrats! That is an accomplishment. Enjoy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

My First 67 beetle
This one almost didnt survive thanks to a storm and an oak tree.
it was a nice car before. I will gently massage the roof back

Guyzoun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Hello
Here is my 67 bug. I owned since 2004.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Guyzoun wrote:
Hello

nice looking engine.
what is that hose coming off the left air preheater pipe, running along the left side of the engine compartment, and where does it go? can't say that i've seen that before.
aircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Very nice 67, black with red interior stunning. Do you have any interior pictures? Very Happy

Member of 67 Posse
Omaha Volkswagen Club
Neb VVWCA Chapter Rep
Volkswagen Club of Nebraska
Guyzoun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
Guyzoun wrote:
Hello

nice looking engine.
what is that hose coming off the left air preheater pipe, running along the left side of the engine compartment, and where does it go? can't say that i've seen that before.

Thank You for the positive comments.

Actually: #1) this is an air pre-heat hose going through the firewall and is connected to a gasoline heater booster; located near the tranny. #2) On the left as well, carefully, you can see a fuel line which is blocked with a T fitting at the end. That fuel line was connected between the fuel pump and the carb with that T fitting. It was supplying gasoline to the heater booster (See attached photo)

This is the information I got from the second owner:
"In 1967 all deluxe beetles sent to Canada had a gas heater located in the back above the transmission. The heater ducts from the heater boxes to the back seat and heater channels went through the gas heater. When you pulled the heater lever all the way up it closed an electrical contact that started the gas heater. There is a small green light in the dash above the speedometer that would light up to indicate that the booster heater was on. You actually got some heat to the windshield for defrosting although it didn't work all the best. This is completely different from the gas heaters that were an option located in the front trunk."

"The VW publicity image is from a 1967 Canadian sales brochure. At the center bottom you will see it refers to the booster heater as being standard equipment." (See photo)

Some pictures for more info

Last edited by Guyzoun on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Guyzoun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

aircooled wrote:
Very nice 67, black with red interior stunning. Do you have any interior pictures? Very Happy

Thank you for the positive comments.
Here a few pictures

aircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Thanks for the added pictures, very nice for sure. I haven’t heard of the type of gas heated you have, any gas heater has to be a plus.

Member of 67 Posse
Omaha Volkswagen Club
Neb VVWCA Chapter Rep
Volkswagen Club of Nebraska
Jos.Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

harrymarlin wrote:
67ctbug wrote:
Harry Marlin, I posted the picture of the red covers on Facebook. Those were from Wolfsburg West.

Ha - that was you! It's so interesting trying to connect Facebook and The Samba usernames. Hey - I hear Jos loves Super Beetles! Wink

BTW, in case anyone is interested in info from the source - Sean Tunstill at Wolfsburg West sent me the following picture of their 67 TMI seats. I'm excited! I know WCCR is quality, but this seems closer to original. He said, "The seat knob holes are NOT precut into the covers"

Don't trust everything you hear. I may be keeping my enemies too close.

'67 L41 Sedan 117333192
'67 L41 Vert 157343589
'67 L19K Vert 157452166
'67 L19K Vert ??????
'67 L282 Vert 157419653
'67 L620 Sedan 117534350 (Sold)
'67 L54 Vert 15745800 (Parted out)
'52 Split based Devin
Jos.Hall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

WoodyUK wrote:
Hi all, have just bought my first bug in 20+ years
Yukon yellow Vert, far from stock, collect next month.
From the vin tag can you confirm the build month...
Can I still apply for a 'birth cert' from the. museum? If so, will I find a link here somewhere please.
Pics to follow...
Thanks in advance from the UK.

Woody, It would be an August build date, probably somewhere around August 18th give or take a couple days. Very cool that it's a super early car. It would've still had the super early '67 details like the '66 rear bumper and SB12 headlight rings, along with all of the other regular "early" 1967 parts.

You can still get the Birth Certificate. I'm not sure of the exact link at the moment but if you type in Birth Certificate in the Samba search it should bring you to the topic that has the direct link. It's much faster these days than it used to be.

We'd love to see pics of the new car!

'67 L41 Sedan 117333192
'67 L41 Vert 157343589
'67 L19K Vert 157452166
'67 L19K Vert ??????
'67 L282 Vert 157419653
'67 L620 Sedan 117534350 (Sold)
'67 L54 Vert 15745800 (Parted out)
'52 Split based Devin
a.busser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

My Beetle. She's from 18 August 1966 her vin number is 117085594
She's with me since 3 years.

Don't worry. I have the original decklid. For now i like this better...

rbucklin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I've owned a number of bugs over the years, 71 super conv, 63 ragtop sunroof baja with popout windows, stock 63 and a couple of dune buggies. I wasn't looking for a car, I have too many already, but I do like to browse CL from time to time and I came across what looks like a very solid 67 beetle at just too good a price so back in the game again.

rbucklin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

It comes with a boatload of new parts and the interior is all new. Not newly recovered, new. But.... no rear bumper so I'm in need of one. Any ideas where to look?
AirCooledArtifacts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Jos.Hall wrote:
harrymarlin wrote:
67ctbug wrote:

Don't trust everything you hear. I may be keeping my enemies too close.

Interesting. Those are my seats I built for my '67. Funny that Sean knew that. Yes, they are correct and worked out well. I had to add a lot of foam to shape them out. They were too baggy" by default. Laughing
aircooledartifacts.com

Follow our restoration work on Instagram.
Our vintage VW story — featured by Volkswagen of America, Inc, VW Trends & HotVWs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dubman4life
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Hello I have 67 convertible that previous owner mixed early and late parts. To make correct 67 I would need to replace front both front quarters (p.o. put late quarters on) door glass(late model quarter glass), interior window handles , interior dash knobs (early), and find a 67 convertible pan as it sits on a
67 sedan pan right now. I put up for sell several times and decided against. question is should I try and restore back to original? Or, should I leave as is, fix and drive. The body also doesn't have a vin plate. thoughts? Thank you for your time!

also I am picking up a 67 sedan this weekend!
AirCooledArtifacts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Morning, friends.

I just wanted to share a very original barn find L518 Java Green ’67 Beetle we helped market and sell recently. It had been sitting for 25 + years; a true gem. They are still out there.

Read the full story at....

http://1967beetle.com/barn-find-l518-java-green-67-beetle
aircooledartifacts.com

Follow our restoration work on Instagram.
Our vintage VW story — featured by Volkswagen of America, Inc, VW Trends & HotVWs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
happybugger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Hi all,
I just sent my info to be added to the registry. In the meantime, am hoping to get an image of original visor clip, bonus if convertible (but I think they're the same). I am not sure if it's (yet another) single year part but it's been a lingering omission for some time and I am replacing visors anyhow. Does the collective mind believe these to be original style? https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2460655
Thanks!
gdubya46
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: The Surviving 1967 VW Bug Registry Reply with quote

Those appear to be different than the ones on my 67 sedan. I can post a photo this weekend.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
Jump to:
Page 78 of 81

Jump to: