Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GB crankshaft pricing??
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

If you want a proper drag racing crankshaft, call Jack Sacchette. But be ready to PAY. I won't quote Jaycee's asking price. But it's up there with the old Swedish forgings from GB.

After calling GB and asking if they'd ever offer another forged/flange/411 main crank, they said to call back in January (this month) to find out if they're going to reinvest in doing so. I just ordered another Scat to replace a unit from the 80s.
drumbum68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

jason wrote:
Here you go drumbum. 86 Porsche journal with 411 center.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks.
Looks like the later version is more squared off between the rod throws. Hard to tell though comparing an 86 to a 78.
vw donvieira
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

Crank has been checked for straightness/size/authenticity by GB.
Getting ready to place for sale.
I think I will place it for sale with the option to have GB fit a flywheel to it, or if the buyer wants wedgemate have DK machine do the work since he is pretty much the only one left in the area to do such work.
Does that seem reasonable? At least this way the customer has a complete set ready to go
oldschool5er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

vw donvieira wrote:
Crank has been checked for straightness/size/authenticity by GB.
Getting ready to place for sale.
I think I will place it for sale with the option to have GB fit a flywheel to it, or if the buyer wants wedgemate have DK machine do the work since he is pretty much the only one left in the area to do such work.
Does that seem reasonable? At least this way the customer has a complete set ready to go

I think that is Ok as long as the person has the option to not have it done, just because some people might prefer to do it themselves like myself, or have their own people do it. Are you posting a choice of pricing options for with flywheel or wedgemate? or maybe without either. Of course with this crank in particular GB is a good choice.

Full machine shop with all types of CNC. Rapid prototyping available, CNC Plasma cutting, 3D printing and Laser engraving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw donvieira
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

If the buyer wanted a flywheel mated then it would be GB that would do the work and provide flywheel.
I do not think GB does wedgemating, so that would go to DK machine in Norwalk if the buyer chooses so.
The buyer would just pat whatever the cost is as I go to Los Angeles about every 3 months.
And of course if they want the crank/rods as is that is fine too.
vw donvieira
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

The crank/rods are up for sale and listed on The Samba and Cal Look lounge. Starting price is 4,000 USD.
I prefer to deliver in person at GB in Orange,CA if possible. That way any questions/concerns can be answered directly from the source of the crankshaft builder.
Lowlightmafia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

Hi, was hoping I could get some in-sight on a crank I’m looking to get. It’s supposed to be a 88mm Gene Berg forged crank from the 80s. I have gone ahead to email Berg with some photos of the crank. Please let me know what you think.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw donvieira
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

Take it to Berg directly and pay them to inspect it and document it.
The crank number stamping 88 ? 16 should match the flywheel stamping.
That is super-cool. I have been tasked to sell GB crank 88R17.
-So yours was made just before the one I am selling

vw donvieira
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

I keep hearing about the GB Swedish cranks had a couple of "Generations".
-Was there a difference in quality?
-What years were the generations?
JDGas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

vw donvieira wrote:
I keep hearing about the GB Swedish cranks had a couple of "Generations".
-Was there a difference in quality?
-What years were the generations?

Did you ever sell your GB crank and rods?

I just came up on a GB wedgemated Porsche journal 82mm crank, flywheel and rods from the mid 80's, never been used.
1961 Sunroof Beetle - sold
1969 Sunroof Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

I've got an OLD flange 86mm Scat crank with porsche rod journals, standard, mag'd - no cracks, 411 mains

new 86mm Scat flange ultra light drag

and a brand new 84mm marine crank, flange, 411 mains, chevy journals

All just sitting. I think some of the pics are in my gallery..

I have covid and I feel like shit. Otherwise, I'd put more effort into my sharing
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

Dauz wrote:
I've got an OLD flange 86mm Scat crank with porsche rod journals, standard, mag'd - no cracks, 411 mains

new 86mm Scat flange ultra light drag

and a brand new 84mm marine crank, flange, 411 mains, chevy journals

All just sitting. I think some of the pics are in my gallery..

I have covid and I feel like shit. Otherwise, I'd put more effort into my sharing

Hope you feel better!
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

Rabbit rods?
Definitely a decoration or lamp.

I have found that Scat cranks are super hard thruout.
Normally cranks are case-hardened. Or Thru-hardended but to a lesser degree.

Scat seems to thru harden and it's really hard. Like 50+ Rc. Files won't touch them.
Almost too hard...
Cannot be drilled without using carbide.
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

thaniks 74 thing

The Scat going in my motor as we speak is their billet version
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

Hey Dauz, Kick Covids ass for us, I lost a Sister & Nephew last year to that shit Crying or Very sad
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
Hey Dauz, Kick Covids ass for us, I lost a Sister & Nephew last year to that shit Crying or Very sad

I am truly sorry to hear that. Crying or Very sad
Ohio Tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: GB crankshaft pricing?? Reply with quote

madmike wrote:

Sorry to hear that...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: