Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Long lost '57 Oval Bug near Julian, CA
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masongecsey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject: Long lost '57 Oval Bug near Julian, CA Reply with quote

Hey guys my name is Mason.
I’m looking for my moms old 57 oval window beetle that my mom and dad made into a Baja.

When I was younger my mom and dad built it up with a 1835 and a stinger exhaust. We used to take it out and drive it on my grandparents property near Julian, Ca.

Something happened to it and so it was parked on their property from 1998-2005. My grandparents asked if they could sell it to get it off the property and sold it to someone local to them. That was 4 years before I got my license and I was devastated.

I’m now trying to find it because I would love to have it to take my son around in. If this sounds familiar to anybody please let me know.

I have now idea what has been done to it but like I said the last time I saw it there were Mexican blankets on the seats, it had a stinger exhaust, 1835 motor, painted blue but the paint was in bad shape, and i think it have an engine cage on it too.

I know this is a long shot but I would love to find it.

I’m going to my parents this weekend and will try to find some photos of it.

Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Let me know if this should be posted somewhere else.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Long lost bug Reply with quote

You can also try placing a wanted ad in the classifieds. Depending on how badly you are wanting it back, a $500-$1000 finders fee, or a 10%-20% commission of the agreed purchase price really greases the wheels. Good luck on your search.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
surfbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Long lost '57 Oval Bug near Julian, CA Reply with quote

Get on Facebook and look up San Diego Air Cooled. There's Also Aircooled Nomads, Wolf Pack Car Club, and SD Locals. These are the main San Diego VW clubs that come to mind. Someone may know. I will say this, a photo helps but the VIN or license makes it easier. My grandfather sold a 21 window bus back in the 80's that had been in the family since new, I'd love to find it but don't even know the plate or VIN. Good luck.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Long lost '57 Oval Bug near Julian, CA Reply with quote

As much as the original car was modified, and also the likely further mods to a baja over the last 15 years, you probably wouldn't recognize the car if you saw it.

It might be better to find a good project car, and build a new one the way you and your son want it today.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: