Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Club Section Gripe
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
61Boondocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Club Section Gripe Reply with quote

Hey Samba Guys I know everyone's busy and all and my ask is a BIG task but....

Can somebody maybe take a look at the Club page. Most of these clubs listed don't exist or the people that run them are so lame they can't keep their own info current.

If you click on the web page link for a club and it goes nowhere... Should they be listed here? I mean if I left something up for sale that was sold long ago y'all would be havin' none of that. SO.... If they haven't kept their website up, or their Facebook page current or if they have a freakin myspace page. How about they just get REMOVED. If it says "hey I'm thinking about starting up a club"....how about NO, come back when you ACTUALLY HAVE A CLUB.

This way people who are looking for a real live actual club could maybe find one and keep this VW culture thing alive and well. Just sayin'
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Section Gripe Reply with quote

Are you volunteering to check every link yourself?

Wink

Last edited by KTPhil on Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Section Gripe Reply with quote

Yes, it's a problem.

Please send me an email with any club names that are dead and I will remove them.

People do this from time to time for single club listings and I appreciate it.

Businesses too, in the business listings.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Club Section Gripe Reply with quote

Just another part of the efforts Everett (and many others) expend to make this site great.

This made me go back and check my membership, and it had lapsed in January! Renewal time ASAP! When we can't contribute effort, this is the next best thing.

Thanks for all the work, Everett and Team!
61Boondocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Section Gripe Reply with quote

Actually..... I will be happy to check the links for California and send an email.
Like I said. its a big task. The admins admit its a problem too. So if i can help. Sure I'll help. Any one else in other states could jump in and help too......
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Section Gripe Reply with quote

Anyone who wants to check a State (clubs) or Category (businesses & links) and send me a list of anything that is no longer there, I'll delete them.

Easiest thing to do is copy/paste the full NAME into a list and email it directly to me at [email protected]

There is no way to send a direct link to each listing.

Thanks.
Questions? email me.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: