Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with??
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

‘67 beetle.
Not period correct but it’s mine and fine with me.
I went with tweed beige headliner (installed) and am having real anxiety deciding which path to take here!! The only commitment I have made is the headliner-it’s installed.
So, knob color, steering wheel color, seat color, door panel color etc. so hit me with your best shot! Looking at the flat 4 steering wheels. What’s everyone think? Mine is rough to say the least.
I’ll throw a few pictures up. The car/dash is silvery/green metallic. I have a black stick shifter (vintage speed)
I think I kinda want a white steering wheel!! Looks more “vintagy”? Should I just stick with black wheel, black knobs, etc. Help me with my interior makeover!! Thank you!
A little idea of what I’m working with here....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here are my gauges I purchased also. I like the vintage look and not necessarily a race look. Like “classic” I guess I could say?

1776cc, CB crank, CB 2241 cam, CB light lifters, CB H-beam rods, CB light flywheel, Mahle forged pistons, A1 Sidewinder exhaust, Dellorto drla 40’s, Hoover modded case, fully balanced, fully flowed, heads by www.type-emotorsports.com, Air ride suspension by https://www.airkewld.com/?Click=3989
Stockholm VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

Love the color! I’d go with white wheel and knobs. I have a 66 that will eventually have white wheel. I replaced the grab handle with a white one already. Wheel is next. I’ll put a chrome cover over the turn signal arm to bring out the chrome on the dash and wheel. I guess it all could be rattle canned in the right color, but I’m keeping it easy to return to stock.

Whatever you’ll do will be great.
Stockholm VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

Are you putting the gauges in the radio hole?
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

Actually thinking of that. Radio will be gone. Bluetooth transmitter to a hidden amp is my plan.
1776cc, CB crank, CB 2241 cam, CB light lifters, CB H-beam rods, CB light flywheel, Mahle forged pistons, A1 Sidewinder exhaust, Dellorto drla 40’s, Hoover modded case, fully balanced, fully flowed, heads by www.type-emotorsports.com, Air ride suspension by https://www.airkewld.com/?Click=3989
riverart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

Cherrywood.
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

I'd stick with your beige theme to match the headliner. I went with grey tweed headliner and then black and grey tweed seats, cover for the rear and door panels. I like the lookof a wood wheel, went with flat fours wheel and ivory knobs. WCM had the closest to stock looking ivory when I did mine back in 07. Your car looks great, btw

78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

That’s purdy!!!!
I like the large steering wheel. What did you think of the flat4 wheel quality?
It’s so hard to visualize everything together!
I mean, what color carpet if the seats will be beige??
I thought of black carpet and some black double stitch on the beige seats?
Ugh
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

Thanks! I love flat four's stuff, totally happy with it. I used sewfine for my interior. Black carpet would work, beige carpet with black floor mat? I don't know. I went safe with black and grey..lol
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

Greenish grey paint, tweed beige headliner, I'd be looking at something to pull that together, like green/beige seats, green door panels (hell, two tone green panels) and green carpet (or use the darker green of the panels as carpet color. Something in the green/pea/dark green side of the spectrum, not lime or bright green.

Yeah, it sounds a little freaky; Mercedes Benz back in the day had some green interiors that rocked.

I'd stick with the basic ivory knobs and steering wheel unless you go wood rim wheel

Go get a kit model or three and start painting different mockups, unless you are a photochop champion and can do it via computer.
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

Thank you. Gives me things to think about. I’ll attach a picture of a color swatch. I’m not reeeealy sure about a pea (read pee) green color.😂
Yeah, I’ve considered a green/tan on the seats.
Say, like, hunter green double stitches on tan seats. Not sure if I want a SOLID STRIPE? Hmmm. I want kind of a subtle, stylish, fresh and clean look I guess.
This is what got me “thinking” of a white wheel/knobs.
I’m gonna search around here for interior shots and swipe a few pics!
This is from the SewFine website:

Sandstone is a bit of a tie in of each and some green from the outside of the bug.
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

Whatever you decide, get some samples from them before you commit. If I remember right, they'll send them to you for free.
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

shano63 wrote:
I'd stick with your beige theme to match the headliner. I went with grey tweed headliner and then black and grey tweed seats, cover for the rear and door panels. I like the lookof a wood wheel, went with flat fours wheel and ivory knobs. WCM had the closest to stock looking ivory when I did mine back in 07. Your car looks great, btw

I like how your black/grey tweed seats go with your carpet. I don’t want it to look like a flip flip colors on everything you know? Like candy cane stripes?
Maybe the sage/beige tweed with sage carpets and black rubber mats. This is the most confusing decision I’ve probably made yet. Lol
VACP Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

Looks like you have a nice build going. We may be able to help when it comes to steering wheels.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=39

You can find more information on our site:www.VintageACP.com or email us: [email protected].

Bryan.
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ugh! What color/brand steering wheel/interior do I go with?? Reply with quote

Damn, they are really nice. Look kinda expensive though. I like.....ALOT
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: