Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Out for 17 years, now back in it! Building a Berrien Genesis
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MANXXMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Out for 17 years, now back in it! Building a Berrien Genesis Reply with quote

wow, your car really turned out nice. I'm glad to see the Genesis manx body on it. I sold the mold to Acme years ago. There really were no long body options on the east coast until then. You really did a great job and love the style!! This is/was the same body as yours and my first attempt at a lowered street style car. Pretty much everything else is offroad.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Rockbound
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Out for 17 years, now back in it! Building a Berrien Genesis Reply with quote

MANXXMAN wrote:
wow, your car really turned out nice. I'm glad to see the Genesis manx body on it. I sold the mold to Acme years ago. There really were no long body options on the east coast until then. You really did a great job and love the style!! This is/was the same body as yours and my first attempt at a lowered street style car. Pretty much everything else is offroad.

Thank you!
VW Aircooled Society
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Out for 17 years, now back in it! Building a Berrien Genesis Reply with quote

Very nice build
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rockbound
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Out for 17 years, now back in it! Building a Berrien Genesis Reply with quote

VW Aircooled Society wrote:
Very nice build

Thank you!
Rockbound
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Out for 17 years, now back in it! Building a Berrien Genesis Reply with quote

finally got back to adding the supercharger, got it painted, mounted, and temporarily wired, and temp fuel lines run to test it before i move forward.

Rockbound
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Out for 17 years, now back in it! Building a Berrien Genesis Reply with quote

that old zenith carb fired right up after sitting in the garage attic for 35 years.. had some fuel seepage but idled and run smooth. Purchased a rebuild kit, so know i can move forward! getting excited to see just how much of a difference tits going to make. cant wait to test drive it.

https://youtu.be/BL56OHJmhFk

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BL56OHJmhFk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Rockbound
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Out for 17 years, now back in it! Building a Berrien Genesis Reply with quote

still need to wire the fuel pump properly, run the fuel line properly, rebuild the carb, run a throttle cable and add an air cleaner, but its getting closer to test drive time!!
Rockbound
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Out for 17 years, now back in it! Building a Berrien Genesis Reply with quote

so a quick update, ive had the super charger on ad running for about 500 miles, was running good till the supercharger had failure, started a link in the engines forum that explains what happened:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=754406

long story short i feel i got a defective unit, new unit is installed and running again, hopefully with no issues in the near future.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: