Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

58 bug , which tires to use for 15 x 6 Fuchs ?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesky71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: 58 bug , which tires to use for 15 x 6 Fuchs ? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, so I am looking to buy a set of 15 x 6 Fuchs and don’t know what tire size will look good. I am dropping the car front and rear. In the old days we used a 135/15 on the front and a 185/15 on the rear. These tires are outdated so what’s the new version of these tires? I have a stock width front beam that’s adjustable. So what do I use ? Thanks in advance
RGoose
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: 58 bug , which tires to use for 15 x 6 Fuchs ? Reply with quote

Some people really like the 155/60/15 tires for the front. These were the front tires on the Smart cars. I tend to prefer a 205 or 215 for the rear on later cars, but with a short axle car you may be able to get wider if you like depending on wheel backspacing/offset. Some still run the 135 and 145 tires on the front and 185's on the rear. All depends on what kind of look, performance, handling, safety etc. that you're looking for.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: 58 bug , which tires to use for 15 x 6 Fuchs ? Reply with quote

You have to buy the wheels & lower the car before you know what tires would fit.
I have 185x60 & 205x70 on my lowered squareback.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: 58 bug , which tires to use for 15 x 6 Fuchs ? Reply with quote

So you're running a stock beam with adjusters? Are you running wheel adapters? Or drilled drums/rotors? With adapters you may need to run 135's the tread width is so narrow it helps clear the rolled fender edge on the front. Without adapters run the smart car tires.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jesky71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 58 bug , which tires to use for 15 x 6 Fuchs ? Reply with quote

Thank you for all the information. I finally bought the Fuchs. They are deep 6’s and I’m putting them front and rear. So I may go with the 205/15 rear and I’ll try the 155/60-15 for the front. I do have a stock width front beam with lowering adjustable. I do plan to use the aluminum adapters but will eventually go with disk brakes with the Fuch lug pattern for all four wheels. So with the disk brakes will the wheels tuck in further under the fenders ?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: