Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

thenonamegarage - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: thenonamegarage
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
ONEBADBUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a torsion arm, he shipped it right away.
All good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
K58
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great correspondence.
Steering wheel in excellent condition, packaged well, shipped quickly.
Thanks and will buy from again.
whip618
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a throttle body core from Brandon and he shipped the same day, great service and will order from again.

Samba Member No. 3307
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BCE56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Received a window trim piece from Brandon- no fuss, excellent communication. Will use NoNameGarage again.

'86 Syncro tintop
EJ22, OBD II early SC adapter plate conversion

Side project: '69 Frankenbug "It's alive!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Relyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Inquired about an oil bath air cleaner. A few hours later they responded with answers to all my questions and the shipping quote. I payed and in a couple of hours I had a tracking number. The air cleaner arrived at my door the next day well packed and in the condition described.

I’ve never had a faster transaction, thanks!
205T (Bill)
Relyt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I inquired about an intake manifold for an industrial application (as it was in excellent condition with clear heat risers). He quickly got back to me, the manifold would fit my engine but not my carb so I had to pass.

I really appreciate the time he took to answer my questions quickly and completely even though he knew I probably wouldn’t be making the purchase.
205T (Bill)
Fifty-Eight Rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Brandon is great to deal with. Shipped me a pair of heads and they arrived very well packaged and just as described.

1956 Oval build thread
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

1962 Single Cab Restoration
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7959298#7959298

1967 Beetle Restoration
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=495269&highlight=larrys
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Brandon shipped out my rim super fast and packed well. Just as described. I would do business with him again. TY Brandon!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanderhiem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a gauge cluster for a 1971 Vw bus. Great communication and very well packaged. Thank you for being a great seller!
dougnlina Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Unsatisfied...
The Samba has been an amazing experience up to this transaction. I have bought vehicles, bought and sold parts, found answers and found friends here. This occurrence has been the only one where I am an Un-Happy customer. All I can say is Caveat Emptor, do not assume Brandon will stand behind what he sells.
The Story: I contacted NoNameGarage after seeing a rear clip advertised on the Samba. I have some damage on the rear of my Vanagon and was seeking some clean original steel to fix it. I will paste the complete email chain below for anyone who really wants to read the details of our transaction. (its like 40 messages long). We negotiated $400 for two Vanagon Rear Clips, plus I paid an additional $200 for the truck shipping, $600 paid by check. While I am fine with one of the clips; the other one, arguably the main one, was unusable as it had previously been in an accident. When I started clipping and cleaning the part up to use it, there was a bunch of Bondo under the paint. It would make no sense for me to replace my dented steel with some other vans dented steel ??. When Brandon was unable to provide me with a viable alternative, I asked him to refund $200 (of the paid $600) for the bad part. Brandon only refunded $100 claiming that I saw and approved a photo of the clip and that he cannot refund the full amount because of the labor he had in clipping the part.
My feeling is that if you are selling parts on the Samba and representing them as good steel, then you should stand by what you are selling. Bottom line is I “Paid Up” $600 and feel Brandon did not stand by his "product".

A Few Photos:
To Be clear, these photos are after I dissected and sanded the panel and discovered the Bondo, the photos Brandon originally sent me were of the painted panel. I cannot display his photos as they were google drive links that have expired...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

EMAIL CHAIN FOLLOWS IN REVERSE ORDER THAT IS - WITH THE MOST RECENT EMAILS FIRST:

Douglas Palmer < >Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:20 AMTo: Brandon <[email protected]>Brandon-
While I appreciate That you have labor involved in your operation, I do not know how I am supposed to assess a part that you represent as good, and looks good in photos, but has a bunch of bondo under it. YOU are the only one in that transaction who could have figured out that the part had issues before (cutting or) the shipment. I was in no position to figure that out. YOU should have used a magnet, a sander, or a paint thickness gauge to determine if the panel had repair work hidden under the paint. YOU represented it as a usable part.
I am hoping that you decide to reconsider and return the $200 as I am also out the expensive shipping of the part that YOU did not assess properly. Quite frankly I was being generous in only asking for the $200 as I feel $300 would be more appropriate.
The address is 1070 Commercial Street, San Carlos, CA 94070.
Thank You Doug

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 10:58 AM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
I don’t think I’ll be able to provide a suitable side panel within your timeline. Being that labor was a factor in the price of the cuts, I can’t refund the total price. The side cut price was quoted at $200, and I can refund $100 of that. I’m sorry the panel didn’t live up to expectations, but you approved of the pics before they were sent, and I can’t refund labor costs. Since you paid by check, I can either send the $100 check to the same shipping address, or your home address (which I’d need. I didn’t keep the envelope, assuming it was on there at all). Please let me know which and I will get that sent out.

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 10:43 AM
To: Brandon
Subject: Re: TheSamba.com Ad - Rear Clip

Brandon-
I do not think that I can use that panel. The whole point of me paying up for good original steel was to try to do this job correctly using the best available replacement options.
If you can come up with some clean steel I am open to it, but the clock is ticking and at some point I need to move forward with this project.
My feeling is that I have put up funds without complaint but what I received in return has fallen short on the side part. I can use the rear. I probably should have had you trim it down as I am really only using a very small portion (weight wise). So we need to resolve the side panel. At this point I am ready to just drive down to GoWesty and buy a couple of panels.
Bottom line is I want a refund for the side panel unless you can come up with a clean one.
Thanks, Doug

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 7:22 PM Douglas Palmer wrote:
I dont think that is going to work, I'm concerned there is too much damage to that back corner and if I start piecing it together with too many different parts, and this one is likely to be tweaked, that nothing will fit cleanly. The van is in my shop so I can't go look at it and try to visualize it all out, but I am looking for a clean panel down there and with the rear corner dinged in it is likely that the panel has bent out. Its also kind of impossible to REALLY tell without looking at it, and I'm a bit gun shy to have you ship something that is a "maybe"...
I'll look tomorrow but I think this is an "unlikely" prospect.
Thanks, Doug

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 12:51 PM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
I think this is the last possibility that I’d have available for your repair. I’ve run a magnet over the outer surface, and there’s no bondo by that, but I can also try and hit it with a sander if you think it might suit your needs. Let me know what you think.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QksJrEgZdpe4ioa-NMuf51T9agthSaCo
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QO_qKgQnmCr22sEJgiZHFnnClPQd3veT
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QXeAHMhrvVERmMja6p7RciLCQDU5AyeN

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:44 AM

Yeah, I can hang a bit, let me know what you come up with...
D

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 10:08 AM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
If you don’t mind bearing with me for a bit, we’re cutting up a Vanagon for a local body shop. Their cut might be close, but we should be able to get both yours and theirs cleanly. We’ll sand/magnet it to make sure it’s un-hit, etc. We just have to sync your cut with theirs (otherwise they’ll just take a huge piece). Let me know if you think this sounds do-able.

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:40 AM

Brandon-
Unless you have a viable alternative, I think that my best bet is to buy some reproduction panels to work with. I was hoping that I could keep the van original Vanagon steel, but it does not seem that that deal is working out very well. If you have another panel option that would work I would be open to exploring that, but the damage to my van is at and behind the seam. This is where three panels come together and of the clip you sent me the only potentially usable portion is the wheel arch forward of the seam. While I could probably figure out some way to Frankenstein some chunks together, I am inclined to just use repro metal at this point. If you can come up with some solution, please let me know, otherwise I feel you should offer me some sort of refund for that particular clip as it is not in good condition. If you want it shipped back so you can sell it that can be arranged, I would probably suggest it be cut aft of the seam and the arch only sent back.
Thanks, doug

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 3:28 PM Douglas Palmer wrote:
yeah, I dont think that is going to work as I am dealing with a dented seam and I need the seam let me think about my next move, might just give in and buy some repro panels...

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 12:02 PM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
That’s a big bummer… Didn’t realize it had been hit. Kudos to their body shop I guess for making it look nice afterwards. Is there anything off this cut that I can offer you?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2305302
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EYwpEFM0jy_YWtjCiafVt3K4KaYCut-k
I can go over it with a magnet. It’s been cut right on the seam. If this can supplement the other cuts, I can pare it down to something that can fit into a box that can be shipped Ground instead of freight.

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 11:10 AM

Hey Brandon,
Kind of a bummer. I have been separating the skins off of the clips you sent me to start working on grafting them onto my van, and after getting pretty far into it, I discovered that the rear corner had been in an accident and had a bunch of bondo under the paint. I dont think I am going to be able to use most of it. It does not make sense for me to go through with all this work to replace a dented panel with another dented panel.
It is actually interesting to see how what was a pretty small fender crumple caused the seams to separate and then the rust starts. I may be able to use the wheel arch part of the clip even though it is visible that the rear seam got pushed forward and put a wrinkle in the lower inner seam of that where the three seams come together. The other part off of the rear skirt clip is fine. I guess I should have had you hit the panels with a sander in a few spots to insure it was a virgin.
I'm not sure where exactly I want to go with this but sadly I think of all that shipping and work I am only going to end up using a small portion of that rear skirt Sad
Doug

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 9:26 AM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
I was worried about them arriving in good shape. I put those verticals in so they didn’t get crushed like the last door I sent. I’m glad we could help. Let me know if there’s anything else we can get for you. Thanks!

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 4:02 PM

Hey Brandon,
Clips showed up undamaged. They are going to fit my needs perfectly, with some metal left over!
I appreciate your help getting these to me and helping me keep my vanagon alive!
Best, Doug

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 11:04 AM Douglas Palmer wrote:
No worries! I actually feel bad, I called Jeremy and caused a minor ruffle before I figured out it was an old BOL and not an address mistake. Its all good, supposed to show up today, well see.
thanks, doug

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 9:03 AM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
Sorry. I simple mistake on my part. I hope I didn’t cause a panic.

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 8:26 AM

Actually, maybe you just sent me the wrong BOL?
Sorry Just not too perceptive here early on a Monday Smile

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 7:30 AM Douglas Palmer wrote:
Just called Jeremy, the number on the BOL, he should be on it and I assume will be contacting you regarding whats going on...
Thanks, Doug

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 7:20 AM Douglas Palmer wrote:
Brandon- On closer inspection of the BOL it looks like you have had it shipped to Pismo Beach?
It should be going to:
Douglas Palmer
1070 commercial Street
San Carlos, Ca 94070...

Please let me know that this is going where intended?
thanks, doug

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 4:57 PM Douglas Palmer wrote:
Thanks Brandon, I'll let you know when it arrives

On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 12:20 PM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
The pallet went out Thursday. Here’s a copy of the bill of lading with the tracking number.

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

Sent: Thursday, January 9, 2020 11:07:44 AM
To: Brandon <[email protected]>

Sounds good to me. I'll get a check out tonight. Please let the shipper know that the loading dock (it is a commercial space) closes at 3:00, they keep funny hours there because of the nightmare traffic in the bay area.
Thanks
doug

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 11:04 AM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
$400 for the body cuts, $200 for the freight (w/labor, pallet, etc). I’ve already gotten the ball rolling on the freight arrangements, so we can whip these out when the check arrives. Sound acceptable?

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

Sent: Thursday, January 9, 2020 10:52:56 AM
To: Brandon <[email protected]>

Okay, so $XXX.00? and you are handling the shipping or $400 and I am? Shoot me a number and I will do a check tonight.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 10:30 AM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
If you send a check, that’ll keep costs down for us. I found a local broker who has worked with the shop down the street from us with great results. Our address is:
The No Name Garage
4210 W.7th Ave
Eugene, OR 97402

I’ll get these cuts all strapped down and ready to go. Thanks!

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:30 PM

Sounds good, let's do it. Shipping address is going to be
Douglas Palmer
1070 Commercial Street
San Carlos, CA 94070

The usual business hours are 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM. As I said, I do not mind setting up the shipping on this end.
let me know when you are ready and I can either PayPal you, send a check, give you a credit card number, some other system (sorry i dont have bitcoin:-) -whatever you prefer
Glad this is working out!
best, Doug

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 12:53 PM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,

Good news! I found a pretty good long pallet. It looks like the cost of freight + cost of the pallet, etc comes to $200. I just have to finalize strapping it down, and we should be ready to rock and roll. Let me know. Thanks!

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Friday, January 3, 2020 10:10 AM

Sounds good. Whatever you are most comfortable doing is fine.
best, Doug

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 9:17 AM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
It’s kind of hard to visualize, but the 72” apron would go in at an angle to shave off as much height as possible. I’ll send some more pics about how we can trim the rear apron, etc to make it as economical as possible. Those long pallets are crazy rare in these parts. I can count on one hand how many I’ve seen in the last decade, and bridging two pallets together has been sketchy in my experience which is why I thought going up was the safest bet. I’ll put some feelers out for pallets, and we’ll figure it out.

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Thursday, January 2, 2020 7:14 PM

Hey Brandon,
I dont have any access to commercial shipping or an account. I just am familiar with shipping stuff around from where I work. I generally find YRC to have good rates and their online calculators are a good place to punch in numbers and get quotes. Based on your specs, its about $200. Your size of a 70" height wont allow a 72" apron though, so maybe its going to be taller? I wont be able to set up the shipping until we have an accurate set of dimensions and weight.
Your plan of going vertical seems a little fraught, but if you are confident its your best option for packing we can go with it. In general, the shipping companies are looking for something that is solidly tied to a pallet and wont tip over, their goal is to be able to quickly move things on and off of trucks with a forklift. Alternatively, if you can manage to get it on a standard long pallet (48" x 72") and tie it down it is abut $50 less to ship, and frankly, probably easier to pack up on your end as you just need to use a bunch of rope or plastic strapping to tie the two parts down with maybe some cardboard padding here and there so they dont get too worked. But yes, the trick is finding a long pallet or crate bottom to use. If there is a shipping depot near you I have had success asking them for pallets. I do not know how much wood working skills you have, but it is pretty easy to hack together a pallet of sorts to strap things to.
If you need me to shoot you some money to cover the labor of prepping this to ship let me know, and I can pay you for the parts whenever you want as well.
Best, Doug

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 2:40 PM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
Both cuts weigh 40# each. The rear apron is 72” x 33” x 12”, and the side cut is 60” x 30” x 12”. I was thinking if we took a standard pallet, and boxed it upwards with plywood that would keep everything safe inside. Apx overall dimensions on a pallet would be 50”x42”x70” 110#? We don’t deal much with freight brokers, so you could probably get a better rate than we could.

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Tuesday, December 24, 2019 3:22 PM

Brandon-
All that stuff looks great. I cant tell but looks like no rust? I have a house full of people and am cooking up a storm, can I get back with you on this after tomorrow sometime? Definately count me in...
Thanks, Doug

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 11:58 AM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
There have been a couple of developments since the pics that I sent. We have an eccentric customer who wants to cut up his Vanagon to graft it to the roof of a school bus (that’s Eugene, OR for you), and I managed to save a very reasonable rear skirt. Let me know if this would work for you. It’d save significantly on labor on this end. The area that might be trouble are the small patch on the lower passenger side, and the license area.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mr6kN1t8OzpVcwl7XVjKRiO4Jb-K53Oq
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n7LCodzJpvxmbraufOPD7po3VimQGb4Y
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n-0UxbVtXANmjFpo02qzAFUdh_8MDPVT
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1muUWehxTqPyZYynzRq5W13mT1xT8FUx2

I’ve also uncovered cuts that we didn’t have listed. These are very straight cuts. Just mossy from sitting. No rust/rot.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l9g8MT1zRRkFV0E0SXrPCHoegIzHnjK_
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lNFetrVPNS9l165T_p8A2M6AfaGuhXN2

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2019 8:16 PM

I think these will work! How do you want to move forward. With the holidays I do not mind waiting a few weeks (and maybe things will dry out?) or if you want some cash for Christmas I do not mind paying up and going forward. The van looks rough but the metal intact, I am presuming there is no real rust in the seams? My timeframe is getting something started mid-late january.
Let me know how you want to go forward. If I have time at work, I might just give you a call tomorrow, might be easier to work details out.
Thanks for the help
Doug

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:16 AM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
This is my best rear donor to take the cut from.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YP0XN7K-_lUJd_WMrD7_7gtjz-yEi5kC
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YS3zOrWKRAFq-kZJ7iX-ioJlbEQX9KHL
I’d be looking for $400 for generous cuts of what you’re looking for. Most of that is labor. The winter rains have made our yard difficult to extract vans from. I can estimate the dimensions of the cuts for a freight quote, but the weight would be a wild guess.

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 5:46 PM

Thanks Brandon,
Not sure if the sunroof clip works because the main point of using the poptop clip is for the flat roof base where the upstairs bed goes. This is to maximize headroom. I could find a fiberglass top and graft it onto my tintop cutting and finishing out a hole but I prefer to graft it together to get it as close to what the original poptop would have been. Here is one of several Samba threads that show the general idea although there are a few other/different approaches (https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=364878&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40)
But do keep my poptop mission in mind. Whenever you get a chance to get pics is fine, and fixing the rear end is the first mission. With the rain and the holidays its not like I can have any of this on my front burner, but I would like to line things up for that post holiday winter-time "hey I have time to do projects" time of year :-0
Best, Doug

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 4:43 PM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Doug,
I might have to do a little more research, but I do have a super clean sunroof clip available, which should have all of the reinforcement of a stock westy roof for the rear hinges. It’s been cut off a few inches down on the ABCD pillars. It’s been storming all day and getting dark, so I will aim for tomorrow to get pics of the rear donor bus and the sunroof clip.

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 4:32 PM

Brandon-
Sorry for the slow reply...
Yes, if that clip is cut down the seam then I cannot use it. My seam is dented in and rusting which is why I am looking to replace the whole set of panels. If you have the metal to cover what I am interested in, Please figure out a quote and let me know what it would cost. There is aftermarket stuff out there but in my experience nothing fits like stock metal.
As an aside, this is a syncro tintop that I would like to convert to a poptop. If you have access to junk vans and come across a complete poptop roof clip I would be interested. I want to graft it on from the rain gutter on up so I am looking for the complete roof, ideally cut at the top of the A,B,C,D pillars.
Thanks for your help
Doug

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 4:30 PM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Douglas,
That driver’s side corner is proving to be a trickier item than I anticipated. The clip we have advertised was cut at the metal seam that goes right down the middle of your damage area. I might have another donor bus to get the full cut off of, but the price would need to be adjusted before we even started talking about the labor of cutting. Let me know if the original clip would satisfy your needs when combined with the fender flare you already have, or if I should plan some cuts from another donor.

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 7:04 PM

Brandon-
Here are a few photos of what I want to use that rear clip for. In the pictures I circled the damaged area with white, and added a black dotted outline of approximately what I want to replace as far as the panel. I have a purchased aftermarket wheel arch (that seems like a workable piece). Then for the back corner I want to graft the donor piece in from about 4-5" above where the side marker light goes and down. The back photo shows where the rear skirt is banged up at the bottom where the square vent holes are. I want to replace this as I do not think I can fix that mess.
Hope the photos help, I certainly do not need that whole clip but would not mind getting it in a cut down manner. You could probably save the right side for another client. I am open to suggestions as far as how to best do this.
Thanks, Doug

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 12:33 PM Douglas Palmer wrote:
Thanks Brandon, I'll take a few photos and detail exactly what I need. It does not have to necessarily have to come off of that clip, I just want some rust free stock steel to do the panel repair. I'll get back to you with some photos, thanks!
Doug

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 12:09 PM Brandon <[email protected]> wrote:
Douglas,
We can certainly pare down the clip to just the portions you need to save on freight. I also have a few other parts Vanagons to take cuts from. Do you have pics of the exact cuts you need? Lower driver’s side like, bottom of the rear hatch down, and a foot either direction?

Brandon
The No Name Garage
Eugene, OR, Earth
www.thenonamegarage.com

From Douglas Palmer
Sent: Saturday, December 7, 2019 8:13 AM
Cc:
Subject: TheSamba.com Ad - Rear Clip

A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad for:
Rear Clip Price: $200
at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2241254
and sent the following message:

Buyer location: 94070

Any chance this can be thrown on a pallet and shipped? I have a commercial address. If so please quote for shipping to 94070, or give me specifics and (Size weight) so I can call freight company.
Actually, Specifically I am looking to use the lower section of the drivers side, and the lower area from the bumper down below the tail lights, so a creative saw-zall job could make this smaller and still fit my needs. Any help is appreciated, and will pay for additional assist on your end. I am trying to repair a van that the PO seems to have backed into something and dented the lower rear drivers corner of the van (imagine backing that corner up onto a rock or something) Thanks, Doug

This message was not sent by a registered user
--- Avoid scams and fraud on the Internet ---
Read http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253 for more details.
If you have any questions about scams or the content of this email,
please contact the site administrator at [email protected]

Regards,
TheSamba.com
http://www.thesamba.com

BenT Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sent two messages about two different parts. One is for Vanagon AC bracket. The other is the rear hatch striker. It’s been weeks since the first inquiry. At least a week on the second part inquiry. Never responded to either message.
brickfishing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Best of the best! Very good communication. Awesome customer service with super fast shipping. Words can’t describe how good No Name Garage is. These guys should be called No Nonsense Garage! Very happy with my part and it’s better than the pictures and the description. Very professional from start to finish. Highly recommended seller to deal with.
Best regards,
Bill in NJ
brian rogers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

No problems from No Name Garage. Promt service and shipping. Only issue was out of their control. Oregon fires held up shipping for a bit. Part is perfect for my use! Will buy again.
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just recently ordered and received an engine support bracket for my 1.9 WBX engine from Brandon. As usual, the part arrived quickly and matched their description. Another satisfied customer of the Nonamegarage parts purchasing.
I’ve bought other items in the past from them and they too arrived in good shape and at a fair price.
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
Raymond73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a vacuum control valve from Brandon. Prompt shipment and well packaged. Very pleased with the transaction. Thank you.
vwpyro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

have ordered a few things and am satisfied with the parts. really fast shipping also. Thank You.
---
[url=https://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate2-26734.png]Click to view image[/url]
1oldkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Brandon showed me his true colors when the post office failed to deliver my purchase. When my package didn't get delivered in a timely fashion Brandon sent me another with tracking and no extra charge. He sent me a follow up message when the first package was returned to him. You cannot get better service from any other seller. Thanks Brandon!
loemerich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Super fast shipping on a plastic cover. Highly recommend Brandon and his NoNameGarage
11BC2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have ordered twice from No Name, and both times were flawless.
I paid, he shipped, I received what was advertised.
The way it should be.
Unclesalty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: thenonamegarage - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a Single Port Head. Was shipped the exact same day. Received the single port in 2 days. Item was exactly what the seller had shown. Would buy from this seller again. 5 out of 5. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: