Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mari the marina blue super
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:42 am    Post subject: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

Picked this 71 marina blue super off a friend of mine.it’s been sitting since late 80s outside.needs rear of pans and luggage compartment which he has.channels and frame head is almost mint.eventually want to find a right front fender in marina blue and decklid too.plans is fix rust,redo seats,,brakes,get engine running,redo another set of stock wheels I have,new window seals.maybe put adjustable struts,bigger sway bar disc Brakes in front
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

Excellent candidate. The shock towers look fantastic. Nice score.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

Easy to replace the starter.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jhp212
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Looks like you have the original deck lid though.
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

It does have original decklid but it has damage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AutoMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

Awesome Cool. I like that color blue. Can’t wait to see how the restoration goes.
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

I’m actually keeping the body the way it is minus finding a color matched fender.will fix any rust completely do brakes etc so it’s a safe driver
Michael Ambrozik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

I love the color, my last one was a 1970 in the same color but with no rust anywhere. Lost it and 2 other cars in a house fire. Looks like you won't have to much rust to repair.
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

just curious.i know i would need high/low pressure switches,newer compressor but can the under dash parts be used with modern ac stuff?
Beeble1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

^^yes. If the condenser and evaporator are still in good shape, you can reuse them. Youll have to convert to r134a as well.

I rebuilt my DPD AC aystem last year, and reused almost all the original parts. I only had to replace hoses and the drier.

Dealership items from Bishop-Wayne Volkswagen & Turner Volkswagen in Kankakee, IL wanted
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

still have not got it home yet but about to order a brake line kit,got a new glovebox,good used tail light lenses for it.plan on building a 1641 with kadrons and older bugpack dual quiet pack.
Lemons 4 Gigi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

She looks like a whole lotta' fun! Saving another one. Enjoy and thanks for sharing!
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

Hopefully by September she will be home.bought some used lowered struts I’m going to clean up.threw the 8 spokes on it..minus a hole or two from rotted luggage compartment the wheel wells are solid.I’m getting sports bug bumpers to paint and going to paint passenger fender as well

walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

No progress as I’m still waiting for my buddy to fix the luggage area and rear floors and front fender area but starting to gather parts.putting sports bug bumpers and handles and headlight rings on it
jarmchairpilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

I would buy/hire a sandblaster or shotblaster but that's me.
Take the easy way/shortcuts now and you will pay later imo.
Rust never sleeps, get rid of it, it kills Bugs!
walter kandetzki
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Mari the marina blue super Reply with quote

Finally worked on it a little.changed passenger fender,got rid of bumpers put T bars on and set Audi TT seats in it (not bolted as have to make brackets).I’ll eventually lower it and having wheels color matched and do knock off caps

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: