Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Saying goodbye to my 2002 Eurovan Weekender camper - 14k miles
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowtownVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Saying goodbye to my 2002 Eurovan Weekender camper - 14k miles Reply with quote

I have finally decided to move on and let someone else get their hands on my Eurovan camper. I'm eternally grateful to those here who provided lots of advice, help, encouragement as I brought her back to life.

Backstory - a family friend purchased this new in late 2002, drove it only 14k miles over a 5-year period, then became ill and passed away. The van sat on her carport until a little over a year ago when her daughter decided it was time to get it out of there and I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time.

In hindsight, it didn't really take too much to get this back into top running order. I replaced the fuel pump and filter, tracked down some faulty wiring to the throttle body and speed sensor, repaired the rear brakes, replaced batteries, replaced the tent canvas and did some clean up. But surprisingly straightforward given the amount of time that it sat.

I currently have it listed for auction at Bring a Trailer with the listing ending this Wed 3/3/21. I'll post the link below for anyone interested in following along for entertainment. lots of photos there too. Again - I can't thank everyone enough here at The Samba for all the help!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-volkswagen-eurovan-westfalia-12/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'66 Karmann Ghia coupe (1979-1996)
'85 Cabriolet (1985-1998)
'86 Jetta (1986-1994)
'70 Karmann Ghia cabrio (2013-present)
'11 Touareg (2011-present)
'16 CC (2017-present)
'02 Eurovan Weekender (2019-present)
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Saying goodbye to my 2002 Eurovan Weekender camper - 14k miles Reply with quote

Sold for $36500 3/2021. Nice
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Saying goodbye to my 2002 Eurovan Weekender camper - 14k miles Reply with quote

Holy Cowtown, that's what the PO's of my van said they paid back in '01!

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: