Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Swivel Seat Bolt Pattern
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathman68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Swivel Seat Bolt Pattern Reply with quote

I've just acquired the three pieces (missing the actuator lever) I need to install a swivel seat on the passenger side of my '73 Riviera; however, the four "dinner plate" bolt holes don't line up with the studs that protrude from the weld on base.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

In this pic, you can see that they are off by 1-2mm on all four.

Did VW use different bolt patterns for different year swivels? In my search, I found a single post mentioning that this might be a possibility, but wanted to hear from the experts. The three pieces came from a late bay according to the seller.
TomC Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Swivel Seat Bolt Pattern Reply with quote

Have you tried rotating the dinner plate 90 degrees? The little notch for the release lever should point forward.

77 Westy
72 Beetle Convertible
deathman68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Swivel Seat Bolt Pattern Reply with quote

Yes. The bolt pattern isn’t square so there are only two positions where the holes could line up. No dice with either orientation.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Swivel Seat Bolt Pattern Reply with quote

ask the seller if instead of "The three pieces came from a late bay" if it is probable that "The three pieces came from late bays"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: