Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What happened to Topline parts
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
uglyduck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

Has anyone heard anything about Topline parts, just curious, website not available anymore. Just got a 71 Super and was looking to upgrade suspension, Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

I don't have Facebook but here is a link to their facebook page if you want to try that and let us know. I did not have luck with Toplines website this weekend and assumed it had something to do with upgrading the website or something.

https://m.facebook.com/Top-Line-Parts-264854876951109/
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

Checked at 11:25 AM Eastern and it is working for me
johnR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

Strange. I just tried it, and was redirected to toplineparts3.com, which has this message at the bottom of the screen:

This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FlyAU98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

I think I heard something about him upgrading the website. Maybe thats going on now.

Just call. The owner answers and is a huge help.

I ordered some brakes and he was able to weigh my order and charge actual shipping instead of the (much) higher rate the system would auto calculate.
68IHscout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

They are in the middle of redoing their website , you can call your orders in .
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

Yeah, he's having some web issues it seams. I ordered a front disc conversion kit from Jon over the phone a couple of weeks ago, already got it, so he's alive and well and as helpful as ever.. It's odd that in this day and age a business would have such a difficult time migrating to a new website. He must've gotten some bad advice or by-the-seat-of-the-pant IT consulting!

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
ashman40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

Wondering if this is still an issue? Above posts are over a month old?

I tried https://www.toplineparts.com/ and was redirected to a hosting page (https://bocadelrio.pilgrimtech.org/)
Top Line Parts' Facebook page points to this non-working URL.

Found another link to https://www.toplineparts3.com/ but at the top it indicates: "This is a TEST site! Please call to order! 714-630-8371"
'67 Beetle #1 {project car that never made it to the road Sad }
'75 Beetle 1200LS (RHD Japan model) {junked due to frame rot}
'67 Beetle #2 {2019 project car - Wish me luck!}
H2OSB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

68IHscout wrote:
They are in the middle of redoing their website , you can call your orders in .

This. I just ordered and received a balljoint from Topline about 2 weeks ago. You just have to call as opposed to ordering off the website.

H2OSB
ST Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

ashman40 wrote:

Almost July now and the website is still in DEMO mode.

Seams like a long time to migrate to a new website.
birddog1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened to Topline parts Reply with quote

ST Dog wrote:
ashman40 wrote:

Almost July now and the website is still in DEMO mode.

Seams like a long time to migrate to a new website.

You might call them. I just tried it at https://www.toplineparts3.com/. Ordered a part,it went to the cart and the checkout seemed to be working, though I didn't actually buy anything. Maybe they forgot to update the comments about it being a demo site.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: