Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Trader Joes insulated bag w split bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Trader Joes insulated bag w split bus Reply with quote

I noticed the original pic in this thread was from eBay so it was dead but I found a pic in the Gallery of the blue bag and added it to the start of this thread.

If anyone has pics of the other colors, feel free to post them for reference.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
apexxn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Trader Joes insulated bag w split bus Reply with quote

Perfect timing on this thread as I was on my way to Ralphs this morning.

They didn't have it on the rack but I showed the pic to the nice woman working the area and she said, "let me look in the back". She came out with a dusty, slightly dingy bag and said "there you go, enjoy".

I think that means this bag is NOS.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
pinetreeporsche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Trader Joes insulated bag w split bus Reply with quote

Another update on the Trader Joe's insulated bags:get out for another look at your local Trader Joe's. Our stores around here introduced the bright red version about 3 weeks ago. So now I have all four- orange, blue, pinky-purple and the new red. Just need to get out on the road camping now. The weather in VA is spring-y but lots of campgrounds are either opening in a few weeks or haven't announced a policy yet- results of the pandemic. Maybe it's my year to look for good stealth wilderness spots in the Shenandoah hills.
And (sad to say)- I "modernized" from Splittys to Bays in about '82 or 83, and got my first Vanagon in about '90. But my '66 Splitty did what's still my longest trip for me: from Boston to Guatemala to Vancouver and back to Boston in '74- In the late spring-early summer (June south through Mexico and back!) -and of course w/o AC. And the van had blown its 53-horse motor in the era of its previous owner, so I did the trip with the 40-horse that he had replaced it with. Ahh the old days.
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Trader Joes insulated bag w split bus Reply with quote

The Peace sign is tired. I would think just the shape of a Split Bus would be a trademark infringement.
In So Cal the Bus is eventually printed on every large corporate bag, hat, shirt from time to time- several Beer brands too. I have a killer shirt w a 21 w by Sherwin Williams paint.
Interesting how the 70 year old currently still sells stuff for corporates to form a company image. At any given time you can buy at least two styles of Split Bus in every surf shop. IN-N-OUT has a similar history and just miles from TJ's origin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: